Complaint Review: Verizon FiOS

• Reported By: Mike73 — Gaithersburg Maryland
Verizon FiOS
Nationwide USA

Verizon FiOS Free Bundle install Gaithersburg MD

*Author of original report: I've been on the Do not call list

*Consumer Comment: For do not call

I signed up at a Verizon tent they had setup for my neighborhood and was lied to by the sales rep. He promised he'd have all the fees waved, and I ended up getting hit approx. $150 fees. I contacted the rep several times and he said he'd fix it, but he never did. I was also told by the same rep that if I wanted to swap equipment it was an easy process. It may be, but it turns out that there is a fee attached to almost anything you change with verizon.

If you have replacement equipment mailed to your home there is a $20 fee, if you show up to their store w/o calling first there is a $10 fee; I think there is a fee for lowering service levels but I couldn't tell because the bill was too confusing. Also, when our phone was switched over I started getting at least 10 additional telemarketing calls a day. I called to complain and they wanted me to un-list my number, for a $4 monthly fee.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 04/23/2014 06:50 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Verizon-FiOS/nationwide/Verizon-FiOS-Free-Bundle-install-Gaithersburg-MD-1141002. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Verizon FiOS

I've been on the Do not call list

AUTHOR: Mike73 - ()

I've been on the Do not call list for years. The problem started within days of switching to Verizons FiOS phone.

For do not call

AUTHOR: MochaG - ()

For do not call, go to do-not-call site which is provided by the government, and register your phone number. You have to have your number registered at least 30 days before you can start reporting the tele-marketing phone call. The government will pursue the matter for you once they get enough complaint for the phone number. You do not need to pay the monthly fees because others can still call you even though your phone is unlisted from Verizon. Hope this help...