• Report: #611970

• Updated: Wed, June 09, 2010

• Reported By: sailor0425 — Lafayette Indiana United States of America
Verizon Financial Group
6404 Ivy Lane, Greenbelt, Maryland 20770 Internet United States of America

Verizon Financial Group Christopher Mullings, Kurk Lakeland DON'T LET THEM STEAL FROM YOU TOO!!! Internet

Like most other people with bad credit, I was searching for a way to get a loan (daughter's wedding coming real soon) and I completed several online loan applications. I was contacted by Kurk Lakeland (Verizon Financial Group @ 888-317-4691 x707) and provided pertinent data to complete the loan application process. In 2 days I received email from Christopher Mullings (Verizon Financial Group) with Loan Agreement and Cost of Borrowing Disclosure Statement.  I spoke with Mr. Mullings (888-317-4691 x713) regarding collateral payment and informed him would be unable to do it until I got paid.  He informed me he would clear it with the lender but shouldnt be a problem.

A few days later Mr. Mullings said the lender was willing to hold the loan and once my collateral payment was received the loan would be deposited into my checking account through ACH transaction.  I then completed and returned the documentation to Mr. Mullings via email to info@verizonfinancialgroup.com.  On the designated day, I received a phone call from Mr. Lakeland to make arrangements for payment of collateral and he informed me that they were having phone problems and were now using 888-451-1755.  He connected me with Mr. Mullings at ext 0. Mr. Mullings walked me through a Western Union payment in the amount of $732 plus $66 fee.  Per Mr. Mullings, the money would be sent to an individual (Anthonette Wilkie in Ontario Canada to) in order to avoid additional taxes that Western Union charges for transfers to businesses.  He then informed me that my funds would be deposited via ACH and would be available the next day

When no funds were deposited into my account (it was a Saturday), I decided to wait and see if it showed up on Tuesday morning but again no funds were deposited into my account.  I contacted Mr. Mullings and he stated he would get in contact with the lender and see what had happened.  He informed me later that day that the lender wanted and additional $500 for loan insurance. Since I have other loans which require this, I didnt find it unusual and made arrangements to make the payment on my next payday.

On the designated day. I made Western Union payment in the amount of $500 plus $40 fee.  Again, per Mr. Mullings, the money would be sent to an individual (Brian Jeffery in Ontario Canada) in order to avoid additional taxes.  Mr. Mullings again informed me that the funds would be deposited into my account via ACH and would be available the next day and again no funds were deposited into my account.  Again, since it was Saturday, I decided to wait and see if it showed up on Tuesday morning. And, yet again, no funds were received.

I contacted Mr. Mullings and he then nformed me that due to the insurance documentation, the lender was mailing me a certified check for the loan and that I would have to sign and return the insurance documents to the lender.  He informed me that the care package should arrive in 3-5 business days. When no care package arrived and I contacted Mr. Mullings.  He stated that I had misunderstood and that since my lender (a private party) was located in Canada it would take 7-10 business days for it to arrive.  On the 11th day, I contacted Mr. Mullings.  He stated he would contact the lender to find out what had happened and for me to call him back in 15 minutes.  When I did, he informed me that he had left a message for the lender and was waiting on a return response.  He also stated that he would contact me with the information he received.  After 6 hours of no contact, I attempted to contact Mr. Mullings and was only able to reach voicemail.

The next business day, I contacted Mr. Mullings and informed him I had still not received the package and that I was upset he hadnt called me back on Friday. He stated that he hadnt heard back from the lender and would get in touch with them to see what was happening.  I informed him that I was no longer interested in the loan and, since the Loan Agreement stated all funds are 100% guaranteed I wanted a refund of my payments and that I expected to receive them within 72 hours.  He proceeded to tell me that refunds were disbursed on the 30th of each month and I informed him that was unacceptable and that I demanded immediate payment to be received within 72 hours.  He stated he would begin the refund process.  To date, I have received no loan, no refund and the phone number no longer works and their website has been discontinued.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 06/09/2010 05:18 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Verizon-Financial-Group/internet/Verizon-Financial-Group-Christopher-Mullings-Kurk-Lakeland-DONT-LET-THEM-STEAL-FROM-YOU-611970. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Verizon Financial Group