Complaint Review: Verizon Fios

• Reported By: Ken — Bayonet Point Florida USA
Verizon Fios
Hudson, Florida United States of America

Verizon Fios Fios is a ripoff! Hudson, Florida

Fios is the biggest ripoff evre is!  Far worse than any other cable or sattelite company.  Besides their deceptive advertising they use bait and switch techniques.  Offering you something, and giving you something else instead.

I had fios for two years.  Their rates increased just about every three months.  Yet I recieved nothing in improvements or better service.  When my contract expired, I told them I wanted out.  They told me that if I renewed my contract for another two years, I would save over twenty dollars a month.  Well, when I got my first bill the joke was on me.  The price they said  I would be charged, was minus the equipment and the connection fees.  Thyoue bill turned out to to be exactly od bne dollar less than what they had been charging me.  When I complained, they said  I should have read the fine print.  So much for honesty!

Be forwarned.  The price they quote in their advertising is never what you will actually be charged.   There are always extras that they don't mention.  Also you must have one of their cable boxes for every tv you have connected.  Each box is an extra fifteen to twenty dollars a month.  Likewise, if you want to watcih HD programs, that is also an extra charge.  Even though they advertise Fios as HD.  Many channels that are on the list, are also another five dollars a whack!  I'm not talking about premium channels, I'm talking about ordinary over the air channels.

If you are thinking of signing up for fios, buyer beware!

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 03/06/2013 07:54 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Verizon-Fios/Hudson-Florida-34667/Verizon-Fios-Fios-is-a-ripoff-Hudson-Florida-1024721. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Verizon Fios