Complaint Review: Verizon Fios

• Updated: Fri, March 21, 2014

• Reported By: iag — Redondo Beach California
Verizon Fios
2206-A Curtis Avenue Redondo Beach, California USA

Verizon Fios $300 gift card to switch to fios is another scam for verizon Redondo Beach California

*Consumer Comment: Same issue but I cancelled my services and now in collections forn$3

Happens once, shame on them - happens twice, shame on us. We have been duped for the second time by Verizon & this time they will not do anything for us.  The $300 gift card is a scam. The person who set us up said the card would be there within two months. It never came and they gave us a BS story of how it is not noted in the setup notes... Even though they send weekly offers for months in the mail for that $300 gift card if you switch, we did not switch until we got a personal letter. Three months after a super pain in the butt two week ordeal to switch, we wonder where the card is. We call & after an hour on the phone, supervisor and all, they say we don't qualify because it wasn't written on a confirmation letter that they were supposed to send & the rep conveniently didn't note it on the sign up notes. The supervisor, although pleasant, was schooled in the art avoidance of this issue. He was obviously taught on what to do when this issue came up. The amount of all the $300 gift cards is probably his bump in salary to field Verizon's scams. We are at the point of cancelling, but are seeing how this plays with the Better Business Bureau.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 03/21/2014 05:58 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Verizon-Fios/Redondo-Beach-California-90278/Verizon-Fios-300-gift-card-to-switch-to-fios-is-another-scam-for-verizon-Redondo-Beach-C-1132596. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Verizon Fios

Same issue but I cancelled my services and now in collections forn$3

AUTHOR: CJ - ()

I had the same problem and got no where.  Flyers come weekly for this offer  and I switched services and order all on Internet and was suppused to like you have noted in my install recap email that I never got. I afrer placing order sent message into customet service to verify if needed to fill out any form for gift card and that I did correctly and response was no forms to fill out will come in 90 days, but gabe me a number to call promotions to verify also. Which I called from my verizon phone line so have record of email and phone call and we told nothin else needed to be dome.  Well 90 days went by I call and email and come to find out not on my notes about $300 promotion and so I asked since you didn't give me what promise for signing 2yr contract can I break it and cancel service.

Since they only within first 30 days to cancel without termination fee was told needed to pay this fee of $300 dollars.  I provided emails and phone record and did not help.  Still said no.  I said cancel service and the fee charged just use my Visa card you didn't send me to pay it so paid bill up to $300 balance and now in collections and lowered my credit score but rather never give them a dime again.  They called after I cancelled and offered to lower bill by 25% I said no, emailed on more offer of almost 35% off bill and never will do service with them.  So I suggest if don't want to hurt credit at least cancel service or tell them you will be and get them to discount your bill by 25%.

But good luck I filed complaints with FTC and CA Consumer Affairs Dept, and  also BBB but got no where with Verizon on cisa gift card.