Complaint Review: Verizon Fios

• Updated: Mon, August 04, 2014

• Reported By: Carol Sov — Hazlet New Jersey
Verizon Fios
Nationwide USA

Verizon Fios Verizon discriminates against seniors with disabilities on fixed income. Nationwide

*Author of original report: Dear Cut Back

*Consumer Comment: Cut back

*Consumer Comment: You have a slam-dunk discrimination case here...

I have Verizon Fios and my bill is now 147 dollars and I only have the basic services.  Complained to 4 people at verizon and was told nothing could be done to lower my bill.  Some of the agents were nasty telling me that only new customers get discounts, also I could get rid of my one DVR box but I have high def TV and their regular box is not for high def.  I am disabled, on a fixed income and the only access I have with the outside world is my TV and internet.  Do not need the phone cause I can use my cell but verizon told me if I did not have a triple bundle my bill would be even higher.  How can removing one component increase the bill?  There is no agency to help me.  Verizon costs me more than all my other bills.  Verizon is a total rip off.  They are a monopoly which I thought was against the law.  Never, ever use Verizon Fios.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 08/04/2014 11:38 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Verizon-Fios/nationwide/Verizon-Fios-Verizon-discriminates-against-seniors-with-disabilities-on-fixed-income-Nat-1167230. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Verizon Fios

Dear Cut Back

AUTHOR: Carol Sov - ()

I hope you are able to afford all your bills and your food.  As for me, yes you do not know my situation.  If you had read my complete complaint you would have read tha I DO have the BASIC!  I do not have high speed internet and the only reason I have a DVR is because it is the only thing that works with my small flat screen TV that my adult children gave me for my birthday.  I have a land line which I do not need since I do have a tracefone but if I get rid of it Verizon will charge me even more.  And I use the internet to see my grandchildren who live far away from me.

Cut back

AUTHOR: ramjet - ()

I don't know anything about your actual financial condition but you seem to be claiming poverty.

Do you REALLY need High Def., Do you REALLY need a DVR?

Do you REALLY need FIOS for high speed internet?

Do you REALLY need a cell phone?

You can watch TV without a DVR and without HD, you can use a slower speed internet access and you can use a land line phone or something like Tracfone if you really need a cell phone.

I don't expect they will give you cheaper prices just because you are old.  I'm 72 and sure don't get or expect any age related discounts.

You have a slam-dunk discrimination case here...

AUTHOR: Ken - ()

"Verizon Fios Verizon discriminates against seniors with disabilities on fixed income."

IF this is true and you have proof that they ONLY discriminate against seniors with disabilities on fixed income, you can't lose. Now if you were only a minority female...you just couldn't lose.

This is an amazingly focused form of discrimination.  Some how I would think your more like a spoiled brat drama queen.

You sure have a lot of "frills" for a poor, old, disabled senior with a fixed income.  I'm on a fixed income, too, it's called social security, but manage to control my expenses and NOT blame others for my poor decisions..like YOU do.