Complaint Review: Verizon High-Speed DSL Internet

• Submitted: Sun, August 14, 2011
  • Updated: Sun, August 14, 2011

• Reported By: Dorene — Elmer New Jersey United States of America
Verizon High-Speed DSL Internet

Verizon High-Speed DSL Internet Constant Internet-Dropping, Crappy Customer Service, Failure To Resolve Connection Issues, Internet

I will never recommend Verizon High-Speed DSL Internet to anyone. I have had this service for a year, and every day, sometimes 6-8 times within a 5-minute period, the Internet connection drops. Doesn't matter what the weather is like, either, so can't blame it on that. If someone answers the phone, connection drops. I mean, come on, if I wanted those problems I'd have dial-up. When I called to complain, I had to speak to someone with an Indian accent (big surprise) and go through the same story over and over as they passed me from one rep to another.

Of course no one would admit the service has a problem, it was my computer or the lines or some other excuse. So I demanded they take their POS modem back and send me a new one, which they did. Guess what? Same problem. And all this for $160 a month?? (it's a package deal-DirectTV, phone, and Internet). I called to ask about upgrading to FIOS (which is probably what they want you to do, anyway, judging by all the FIOS ads I see every day), and of course it's not available in my area yet.

I have mentioned this problem on Facebook and I am not the only Verizon DSL customer with this aggravating annoyance. I think the company keeps a stash of shitty modems that customers send back and when someone complains and says they want a replacement modem, they "re-cycle" the duds!

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 08/14/2011 08:34 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Verizon-High-Speed-DSL-Internet/internet/Verizon-High-Speed-DSL-Internet-Constant-Internet-Dropping-Crappy-Customer-Service-Fail-765188. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Verizon High-Speed DSL Internet