Complaint Review: Verizon - OAN Services

• Updated: Fri, February 12, 2010

• Reported By:Oxnard California
Verizon - OAN Services
Nationwide U.S.A.

VERIZON - OAN Services clearinghouse Agent For Directory Billing Svc. ripoff dishonest fraudulent billing Yellow Page US Directory Billing MthFee ripoff Nationwide

*Consumer Comment: Are they a voice mail company...?

*UPDATE Employee: actions to take

We have a restaurant with 2 phone lines. My Verizon bill for April states "The following charges appear on your Verizon bill as a service to OAN Services, Inc." My bill goes on to show as follows:

Mar 12 Yellow Page USDirectory Billing MthFee 49.95
Total $49.95

For questions concerning your bill, call the number listed at the top of this section. The calls on this page were forwarded by OAN Services, Inc., the clearinghouse agent for Directory Billing Svc.
OAN Services, Inc. non-basic service charges $49.95
Total for OAN Services, Inc. $49.95

Nonpayment of provider in the disconnection of your local telephone service; however, collection of unpaid charges may be pursued by the service provider.

For more information on OAN Services, please access their World Wide Web Site address at: www.oanweb.com

I immediately went online and discovered that their website dos not exist! I called the number listed on my phone bill and spoke to "Paul". According to Paul, Lisa at our business authorized said listing. These people simply called our business and asked if we wanted to be listed in various sites BUT NEGLECTED TO SAY THAT THERE WOULD BE A CHARGE OF THIS. Paul claimed that a letter stating said charges went out to our business a couple of days later. However, NONE WAS EVER RECEIVED. The charges were removed nevertheless, how many people are being ripped off!

I would ask that someone contact us and advise us as to whether or not this can be taken further so as to stop these individuals from taking advantage of consumers. On the other hand, Verizon too is at fault for going along without first notifying their clients.

Oxnard, California

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 04/30/2007 10:34 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Verizon-OAN-Services/nationwide/VERIZON-OAN-Services-clearinghouse-Agent-For-Directory-Billing-Svc-ripoff-dishonest-fra-246302. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Verizon - OAN Services

Are they a voice mail company...?

AUTHOR: Arya Peeseng - (USA)

On my Verizon bill I discovered a charge of $13.95 plus $.47 tax that I didn't recognize. It was billed by a voice mail company named: OAN Services: "Ideal Savings Now, LLC", which I have never heard of. I called Verizon and spoke to a representative. When I told her about the bogus charge she asked for the name of the voice mail company which I told her. She then called them while I was still on the line and inquired as to who opened the account. She was told by the voice mail company's rep., Sarah, that someone with the email address (an old email address I haven't used for several years) opened it on Dec. 16th 2009. I was promised that the charge would be  credited to my account.  Since this just happened this week I don't know yet if this charge was actually credited to my Verizon account.  I tried to search Yahoo for any reference to this business and the only listings were from this website and "complaintsboard", another scam reporting website. I could not locate any address for this bogus voice mail company!

actions to take

AUTHOR: Dawn - (U.S.A.)

Add a miscellanous charge block to your verizon account to prevent this in the future and you can report this to the FCC.