Complaint Review: Verizon One Bill - OnePay - Verizon Communications

• Submitted: Fri, March 19, 2010
  • Updated: Sat, November 20, 2010

• Reported By: carolleej2 — Leominster Massachusetts United States of America
Verizon One Bill - OnePay - Verizon Communications

Verizon One Bill - OnePay - Verizon Communications Verizon (bundled billing services for Direct TV and Verizon home and wireless accounts. Put me in collections for services not provided. Internet

*General Comment: Public Utilities Commission; try reporting Verizon to the PUC

I bought into the Verizon One Bill.  Direct TV, Verizon home and Verizon wireless was paid all on one bill.    However;......they were just stealing money from their victims.  I needed to buy out of my contract with Direct TV as their rates climbed so high that it was less expensive to buy out of my contract and sign up with Comcast.  I called Direct TV and they told me I had to pay them the cancellation fee and the last month's bill to the day of disconnect.  I did as they asked.  I then happened to be in a Verizon Wireless store purchasing a bluetooth and decided to pay my bill (as they said I could) and then put my bluetooth on the account to pay next month.  I was behind on my one bill payment just one month (April 2009) because I was in the hospital. I paid that bill on May 7th and then paid in full the following bill at the end of May.  In July I cancelled Direct TV and also Verizon home phone as I chose a bundle with Comcast.  A few months later I got a bill from Verizon One Bill for over 700.00.  Charges for internet services which I HAVE NEVER EVER HAD, charges for early termination with internet, charges of early termination with Direct TV as well as the last bill Verizon One Bill claims that THEY paid to Direct TV.  That had the nerve to tell me it was my job to collect the money I paid these services and return it to them!  I went over the bill with Verizon's "big guys" and proved all my payments and they told me to fax my history of payments to a Katherine at a given number and all would be well.  However, there was no Katherine at that number.  In fact, that number was not even any part of finances!  A couple of months went by and I had suspected that all was well when I got another bill for 500.00!  They told me they credited me for the internet and I owed the rest.  I am disabled and fighting cancer at the time and they caught me on a day that I had no problem telling them what they could do with their One Bill.  I am now in collections. The worst part is that my disability is only 60% of my income.  Because of my excellent credit, I have been able to use credit cards at very low rates to help get me through this.  But Verizon took care of that.  Almost every one of my creditors (mostly all owned by citibank) raised my interest rate t0 29%, escalating my payment to 4 times it's normal amount.  To top it off, they lowered my credit limit to what I had already spent which completely cut me off. I am now on the verge of loosing my home or going bankrupt.  I hope they are proud of themselves.  They laugh all the way to the bank at our expense and add pain and suffering to already suffering and struggling people.  They are criminals.  I hope others come forward and get these people out of business.  The amazing thing about it is that Direct TV backed THEM UP and would not admit that I paid up front 170.00.  Verizon Wireless was a little more honest but I don't think it helped me at all.  Shame on them and I will never do business with Verizon again.  By the way, Verizon and Verizon Wireless are not even the same company.  They are two different entities!  BEWARE!

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 03/19/2010 11:35 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Verizon-One-Bill-OnePay-Verizon-Communications/internet/Verizon-One-Bill-OnePay-Verizon-Communications-Verizon-bundled-billing-services-f-583195. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Verizon One Bill - OnePay - Verizon Communications

#1 General Comment

Public Utilities Commission; try reporting Verizon to the PUC

AUTHOR: anonymous - (United States of America)

Public Utilities Commission; try reporting Verizon to the PUC

Some states have a Public Utilities Commission.

try complaining to your congressman and senators. (state and federal levels)

try complaining to the attorney general of your state.

sometimes the attorney generals like to sue for all the customers for the entire state; but, they (the AG's) usually do not get you your money back.

Most importantly:  I hope you are still alive and getting well.

Try complaining to the local newspapers and the local TV news rooms.

Somebody might have mercy and compassion on you.

I REALLY HOPE YOU ARE STILL ALIVE, I HOPE YOU GET WELL.