Complaint Review: Verizon Online

• Updated: Sun, February 12, 2012

• Reported By: anologavenger — Hawthorne New Jersey United States of America
Verizon Online
400 Foxcroft Ave 2nd Floor Martinburg, West Virginia United States of America

Verizon Online Deceptive, Fraudulant, Un-Ethical, Dishonest,Insulting Martinburg, West Virginia

*Author of original report: almost satisfied

In May of this year, I switched from Optimum Online to Verizon DSL because of a LARGE price increase from Optimum and a seemingly better promotional offer from Verizon of $29.95 , - $5 a month & free modem & shipping - I confirmed this on their website & have a copy of the online chat to confirm-

I waited till end of month for billing conveince & confirmed offer over the phone using my cell(NOT Verizon) to see if offer could be met over the phone-I was YES with NO other conditions or add on's mentioned.

This is when the billing circus started-1st mon $0-next month $45.99-figured it was a combo of 2 months - called for clarification & was told wait 2 months for promotions to be applied-when I checked back billing was still complicated.

Now I check and it's up to $57-along with months previous-called Ann at customer service & was told" They had no record of me placing the original order, no record of 2nd Phone call for billing inquiry-the "EXTRA" charges were for un-wanted services buried in the fine print. Problem was NOT resolved, so either someone at Verizon messed up OR I'm being treated as a LIAR.

Lesson Learned-If you believe the Advertising & Trust Verizon,be prepared to stay vigilant-record any conversations for your own "Quality assurance" and if there's a problem-get screwed and join a long list of unhappy customers.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 09/20/2011 02:06 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Verizon-Online/Martinburg-West-Virginia-25401/Verizon-Online-Deceptive-Fraudulant-Un-Ethical-DishonestInsulting-Martinburg-West-Vi-779077. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Verizon Online

almost satisfied

AUTHOR: anologavenger - (United States of America)

on my 2nd attempt I was able to reach a Retention Specialist who valued me as a customer - she did NOT give me a patronizing apology w/ no solution - instead she agreed with my complaint & clearly outlined the steps to be taken to FIX it -
a little bit of a caveat -

Months later. after better vigilance on my part, I notice rather than a TOTAL upfront price fix, some of  the difference was applied to pending balances thereby keeping me as a customer-shrewd business or manipulative customer service?

This still leaves a bad taste in my mouth & I would be hesitant in using ANY of Verizon's services again BUT they still have the lowest rate at this time - a 50/50