Complaint Review: Verizon Online

• Updated: Wed, May 14, 2003

• Reported By:Warren PA
Verizon Online
www.verizon.net Nationwide U.S.A.

Verizon Online Unfair business practices, failure to notify, denial of premium mistreated and ripped off Nationwide

On signing up for DSL from Verizon, I was unable to do so online because their system refused to recognize my secondary phone line. I signed up on the phone to install DSL on my secondary line. I was supposed to receive the first month free and a $25 "Gift Card". The system was not much faster than a dial-up with regards to downloads. After about 2 weeks, the connection became disabled. I called to see if there was a problem. They disconnected the service to get me to call them so they could find out the primary phone line in order to determine which account to bill. It took 4 people to get any answer to the problem.

I gave them all the info they needed and was informed it would take 3-5 business days to "sweep the line and reconnect the service". I stated that was unacceptable since it was their stupidity that created the problem. I ended up hanging up on them. Within a couple days, I received a "shipping label" to send back the modem, adapters, etc. I did so.

They have an offer now that has a "sign-up premium" like the "gift card" (that I never received) but I am ineligible since I already had DSL on that line regardless of the fact that they disconnected it only to get my attention so I would call them to give them info they already had.

Beware of Verizon Online...they cannot keep any records straight and refuse to take any responsibility for mistakes their employees make. They will set up a new account for me on DSL but will not allow me the premium that I am entitled to.

The government broke up Bell into all the "baby bells" only to have Verizon put them all back together under a different name. They are too big to deal with the business they are trying to conduct.

They will not live up to their promises and they refuse to contact anyone regarding questions...they just pull the plug to get your attention. What a rip-off!

Jay
Warren, Pennsylvania

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 05/14/2003 09:54 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Verizon-Online/nationwide/Verizon-Online-Unfair-business-practices-failure-to-notify-denial-of-premium-mistreated-56987. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Verizon Online