• Report: #19426

• Submitted: Tue, April 23, 2002
  • Updated: Sun, March 26, 2006

• Reported By:Beloit WI
Verizon, Sprint, et al
New York New York New York, New York U.S.A.

Verizon, Sprint, et al constant "mistakes" on their monthly billing. They admit ripoff billing practices. Check your bills, they are knocking down millions. New York, NY

*Consumer Suggestion: Sprint Employee Admitted to Me That She Could "Fix" Bills

*Consumer Suggestion: Class Action Lawsuit !

I noticed with interest the large number of complaints against the various "cell phone" companies. Add this to the list and please do your own checking. They are very regular in their billing practices.

Monthly, in comes the bill, and monthly they have made an error in their favor. After a long phone "battle" they stand corrected and so does their bill. Their excuse: a computer error--always the computer. For those who do not take a careful look at their bill and simply slap the check in the mail, watch out. Dollars here and there adds up to a bundle.

However, they do not stop at a few bucks. In some cases I have had to correct their computers for a hundred or more. It is my contention that there is no accident about this. Speak up folks and we shall see how many of us are being "ripped" off. Count the numbers, count the dollars, check your bills and then try and give them a call: everyone needs the experience at least once in their lives.

I conclude that when all is said and done that we will have a "class action" law suit that might begin to compensate us for their arrogant computer mistakes. How can their computers be so consistently wrong.

We pay enough as it is. They are really not regulated, and we cannot let them keep on ripping us off. One of you readers is a "fresh-out-of-law-school", "just passed the bar exam" and needs a start. 10% 0f a billion is how much? Get the money for us.

Bubba
Beloit, Wisconsin

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 04/23/2002 03:20 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Verizon-Sprint-et-al/New-York-New-York-20001/Verizon-Sprint-et-al-constant-mistakes-on-their-monthly-billing-They-admit-ripoff-bil-19426. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Verizon, Sprint, et al

#1 Consumer Suggestion

Sprint Employee Admitted to Me That She Could "Fix" Bills

AUTHOR: Darlene - (U.S.A.)

I have had man problems with wireless companies in the past. The worst problem was with Sprint, who jacked up my phone bill and listed calls that I did not make, costing me several hundreds of dollars.

I ordered a family wireless plan over the phone from Sprint in February of 2005. I requested insurance and unlimited roaming from their service. Fast forward to June of 2005, when I was being charged for roaming. Sprint claimed that I did not order "unlimited roaming."

Later that same month, my cell phone was broken during a domestic violence dispute which I reported to the police. When I went to Sprint's office in Kissimmee, FL, I was told I did not have insurance on the phone and that I would have to go to Orlando (45 miles roundtrip) to get the phone repaired.

The Florida Mall, Orlando, FL, Sprint branch informed me (after waiting in line for over an hour), that my cell phone was irrepairable. But the Sprint employee did give me the business card of a locally operated cell phone company that could possibly help me. Excuse me? Either the phone could be repaired or it couldn't. Was the employee getting kickbacks from an individual cell phone repair company?

Also, it was going to cost me over $220 to replace the phone. In the meantime, Sprint was charging me the monthly rate for use of the cell phone, and it wasn't even working. I went without a cell phone for weeks before I finally received a cell phone that I purchased from Ebay.

After I had filed the domestic dispute charges, I was harassed by the abuser. He said his cousin, "Julia", was an employee of Sprint and he bragged that he could get her to do anything to my phone bill that he wanted. He even stole the refurbished Ebay cell phone, which I also reported to the police as well as Sprint.

Sprint allowed the abuser to turn my phone back on, which gave the abuser opportunity to answer my calls and make harassing phone calls to my contacts, including my employer (the federal government), my family and friends.

I reported the Sprint employee to Sprint, but because I only had a first name and cell phone number to the employee. Excuse me? Sprint can't find the owner of a cell phone in their own database?

Long story short, I did call the Sprint employee and told her I was a friend of her cousin, and asked if she could help me with "fixing" a cell phone bill. She said she could, but she wasn't at work at the time; could I call her tomorrow? Of course she called the guy and figured out I was trying to prove what she was doing.

So I do believe that their should be a class action lawsuit against the wireless companies. If anyone wants proof, I have my phone bills from Sprint and T-Mobile (which I will list on this site as a separate complaint), as well as the Sprint employee's first name and cell phone number. Even if she changed her cell number, someone should be able to trace the number back to the source, right?

#2 Consumer Suggestion

Class Action Lawsuit !

AUTHOR: Dennis - (U.S.A.)

I too am a victim of Verizon's criminal corporate practices. This is not an "ERROR" on anyone's part1 It is a direct corporate practice to deceive honest folks of their hard earned dollars! This is "ENRON" with a different name!

If any attorney wants to start a "CLASS ACTION" lawsuit they can put my name at the top of the list. I intend to take legal action regardless!

Thanks for your report because it helps folks stay clear of these reptilian bastards!