Complaint Review: Verizon Superpages

• Submitted: Thu, December 27, 2007
  • Updated: Thu, December 27, 2007

• Reported By:Spartanburg South Carolina
Verizon Superpages
6665 N MacArthur Blvd, Third Floor MC33 Irving, Texas U.S.A.

Verizon Superpages I was charge for Unauthorized Billing and no contract ever sent. Being sent to collections. Irving Texas

I belong to Superpages.com since 1996. It was a free business listing. I never updated it forgot all about it. I got very sick, disabled and couldn't keep up with the business anymore. I was contacted early this year while I was just diagnosed with progressive disease and under treatment. The sales person lead me to believe this was a trial upgrade. I told them I didn't want to upgrade, I couldn't do any business. They went on and on and I really was feeling bad and don't recall much of it.

I didn't realize I was giving authorization for 12 months. I was to believe it was a month to month offer. They also have my old address from 12 years ago. Ask me to verify it, which I must have just to get them off my back. They said they would send the rest of the papers, the contract, explaining the service.

The couldn't send anything there. I never receive a bill or written contact explaining anything. I did receive I think a phone message about the mail address not working and they needed at updated one. I just forgot about it. Why would they bill someone at a business address that was bouncing back.

I got contacted today by collections about this account which I don't even remember. What business would continue to run an advertisement for a business that didn't exist. All I been getting from them running of their ad is spam. I was wondering why that email address was receiving so much of it.

I call Superpages.com and they said they had my authorization on the phone. I told her I was very sick and didn't even know what I said at that time. I asked her where she got a 12 year old address. She said from me over the phone. And I told her no you didn't. I know it was from a free listing that started 12 years ago.

She said I could cancel by fax so the wouldn't auto-renew my account which ends in March. I told her to terminate it now. She said all they could do is cancel before it renews again. I will send my fax tomorrow. I will dispute this claim as I never received a written contract. As far as I remember, I just hung up on them.

Bunni for truth
Spartanburg, South Carolina

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 12/27/2007 10:29 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Verizon-Superpages/Irving-Texas/Verizon-Superpages-I-was-charge-for-Unauthorized-Billing-and-no-contract-ever-sent-Being-295034. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Verizon Superpages