Complaint Review: Verizon - Verizon Wireless

• Reported By: SeethingInSeattle — Seattle Washington United States of America
Verizon - Verizon Wireless

Verizon - Verizon Wireless Lies About Broadband Available Usage, Internet

*Consumer Comment: Verizon is among the worst

I chose a Verizon wireless Broadband as part of their promotion with the Acer netbook. The Acer netbook is fine. The network seemed to work. However, Verizon limits usage to 5 Gigabytes per month. Anything over that amount is 2 cents a megabyte.

When I asked the people in the store, they assured me there was no problem. I had always had unlimited internet connection so I had no idea what was realistic. They assured me they had never heard about anyone running over. "That's a lot," they said. "Maybe if you downloaded a lot of movies..."

What about graphics? I asked. They assured me there would be no problem.

This is just a lie, or else the people working in those stores are ignorant. Verizon Broadband is not acceptable for anyone working full-time on the Internet. I used it for just 24 days. I didn't upload or download ANY movies.  I did have a couple of 10-minute videos from my camera.

I figure I am using nearly 200 megabytes a day. Needless to say I will be  way over...I would be paying about $200 a month for this service. I'm a heavy user, but not THAT heavy a user.

Verizon said that I can have a 30-day trial. I am going to test to see if I can cancel my contract and give them back the Verizon attachment (which of course was extra) for my computer. I would love to give them back the Acer but suspect they will find some reason not to. I have no problem with the Acer but it is NOT a good deal...and they will probably try to charge me more than if I'd just bought it myself.

I feel totally victimized and ripped off. Verizon is very sneaky. They get you in with these promos and they charge activation fees (non-refundable of course) and more.

Consumers should approach Verizon with the same caution they'd use with a used car salesperson or an aluminum siding salespeson. Verizon is a reliable cell phone service but they love hidden charges and surprise fees. And their broadband is a totally unrealistic option unless you are a very light user.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 11/29/2009 02:11 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Verizon-Verizon-Wireless/internet/Verizon-Verizon-Wireless-Lies-About-Broadband-Available-Usage-Internet-530324. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Verizon - Verizon Wireless

Verizon is among the worst

AUTHOR: Moon - (U.S.A.)

I had Verizon as a cell phone carrier and I can tell you they are the worst with charges.   I know you have the broadband, but I use my Blackberry 8900 thru T-Mobile to connect my laptop to the internet every dayI hardly ever turn it off.  I have a $20 package that covers ALL of my internet, and I have NEVER been charged with overage for all the software, pictures and music i have downloaded.

Verizon also wont let you customize your cell phones.  they are the only company that i know of that restricts user interface and always finds a reason to bill you for erroneous charges.

I love T-Mobile, they are the best, with the most reasonable prices, and very accommodating.  I wonder if T-Mobile has those broadband cards, if so, I bet it is at a very reasonable price.  I know you will like the customer service :)

good luck!