Complaint Review: Verizon - Verizon Wireless

• Updated: Tue, December 29, 2009

• Reported By: Jake — Mechanicsville Virginia United States of America
Verizon - Verizon Wireless

Verizon - Verizon Wireless Premium text messaging rip-off Internet

I recently noticed two consecutive months of $10 "premium text messaging" charges on my cell phone bill and immediately contacted Verizon Wireless Customer Service.  I was told I had subscribed to a third party for the messaging service and was responsible for the charges.  The company I supposedly subscribed to was General Texting.com.

I had never heard of General Texting.com and certainly had not authorized $10 a month for premium texting.  I felt like I was being sold out by Verizon so I did some research.
I discovered that Alltel and Verizon are the primary culprits allowing this to happen and I would bet that the abuse is rampant because people are not checking their bills.

I also discovered I had entered into a $1.99 per month "get it now" contract for "Power Chat" back in December 2008.  What the ?$%# is power chat?  Verizon was not able to give me an acceptable explanation on how that happened.

I've been a satisfied "heavy use" customer of Verizon Wireless for many years but I now feel like they have sold me out for a few extra profit dollars so I'm leaving them as soon as my current contract is up.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 12/29/2009 08:13 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Verizon-Verizon-Wireless/internet/Verizon-Verizon-Wireless-Premium-text-messaging-rip-off-Internet-546719. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Verizon - Verizon Wireless