Complaint Review: Verizon - Verizon Wireless

• Submitted: Thu, March 11, 2010
  • Updated: Sun, March 14, 2010

• Reported By: rebecca — Newton Kansas United States of America
Verizon - Verizon Wireless

Verizon - Verizon Wireless overcharged, services fraudlant, altell transition not seemless Internet

*Author of original report: response to ripoff

*General Comment: Ripoff?

Anyone that is/was an Altell customer and is now with Verizon needs to read this.  Verizon is overcharging their customers with Altell cell phones.  I have been with Altell for 5 years and when Verizon took over Altell the transition should have been seemless.  It however was not.  If you currently have an Altell cell phone you are not receiving the same price for a monthly plan as a customer who has a Verizon cell phone with the same exact plan.  When I asked a customer service associate if this could possibly be correct, I was told that, "..yes, in fact this is their policy."  If you are under contract and are not eligible for an upgrade Verizon will make you pay full price for one of their phones.  Which, as I stated above, is required in order to receive the Verizon price for one of their plans. In my opinion I SHOULD NOT be getting charged more simply because I have an Altell phone.  This is where I will mention that I would love to get a Verizon phone but I have to pay FULL price in order to get it.  Either way I am losing money, to be exact about $40.00/month give or take adding on wierd surcharges.  Not exactly the best way to begin a relationship Verizon.

Here is a breakdown:

My Friends and Family Plan for 2000 minutes (unlimited talk, text, data)   $139.99

Verizon's Friends and Family Plan for 2000 minutes (unlimited talk, text, data) $129.99

My charges per additional line (x3) 20.00/line

Verizon's charges per additional line (x3) 9.99/line

Anyone else see a problem here???  And the worst part is that my brother has a Verizon phone and that is who the contract is currently under.  And I am not being overcharged....hmmmmm.

Needless to say we are seeking legal action and I suggest that anyone that has a similar situation as mine needs to take a long hard look at their bill.  Verizon.....not all that is cracked up to be.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 03/11/2010 08:40 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Verizon-Verizon-Wireless/internet/Verizon-Verizon-Wireless-overcharged-services-fraudlant-altell-transition-not-seemles-580070. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Verizon - Verizon Wireless

response to ripoff

AUTHOR: rfriesen - (United States of America)

After reading Mr. Smith's comments, I suppose I left out some important details.  First, the contract was signed over a year ago before the Altell/Verizon merger.  Second, I was fine with the prices when I signed the contract with ALTELL.  The point of the matter is that I am a Verizon customer and should be receiving Verizon prices. As for you, Mr. Justin J. Smith, thank you for taking the time to read my report.  I am well aware a contract is binding, I am afraid however your rebuttal is trivial at best.  Your assumptions that I read the contract are wrong and the provisions on which Verizon relys are not in the contract.  I welcome you to read the 12 some pages of contract and try to find something that could prove me wrong.

#2 General Comment

Ripoff?

AUTHOR: justin.j.smith@gmail.com - (U.S.A.)

You signed a contract. That contact is binding both ways.

If you didn't like the prices in the first place why did you agree to them?

In any event, Verizon will let you sign up with the cheaper plan once the contact expires.

Lawrence