Complaint Review: Verizon Wireless

• Reported By: Tia — Akron Ohio
Verizon Wireless
Nationwide USA

Verizon Wireless Tricked and lied too Nationwide

Have been a Verizon customer for less than two months and have called customer service at least ten times.I purchased the more everything plan with 6 of data. This was purchased at Freedom Wireless in Chapel Hill Mall in Ohio.

First I was sold a tablet that was supposed to be free after a mail in rebate.  Also activated 4 lines.At time of activation I was told my first bill would be $360 due to activation. I signed what I thought was the credit card bill at this time. Never received saw a contract.

A week later one of the phones break so we are sent back and forth between store and customer service representative until phone is finally replaced. We are already dropping calls like crazy at this point. So much for the nation's most reliable network.

Have called about dropping calls at least 5 times and issue still not resolved. My first bill arrives for the worst service I have ever had and it is 700 dollars. Turns out there is a month in advance policy I was not informed of.

I don't know about the rest of the world but I do not have an extra 400 dollars lying around. Then I receive my rebate back for the supposedly free tablet and it is only for 50 dollars.

Twice I was lied to by the salesperson. So I attempt to return to the dealer I purchased my service and equipment from and the store has closed down.

Immediately called customer service. After explaining that I had not known about the month in advance and did not wish to pay for shoddy service a month in advances I was considering cancelling the contract I was told too bad.Whether I knew or not it was a policy they would not budge on.

As to the rebate I was told too bad as well. When I pointed out they should always back the dealer using their name I was told they do not back equipment only their service.

Wouldn't backing their salesperson claims be backing their service. It seems t o me if it has their name on the kiosk they should stand behind it. I was only told that though they often have trouble with" rogue" kiosks they stand behind not being able to help.

I want to cancel without paying my ETF.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 07/13/2014 11:17 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Verizon-Wireless-/nationwide/Verizon-Wireless-Tricked-and-lied-too-Nationwide-1161781. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Verizon Wireless