authentic

• Updated: Sat, January 19, 2013

• Reported By: BoycottVerizon — Tampa Florida United States of America
Verizon Wireless Florida
Countryside Mall Clearwater, Florida United States of America

Verizon Wireless Florida Rate Highking, Price Gouging, and Predatory Business Model Clearwater, Florida

Last year I decided to visit the Verizon Wireless store at Countrside mall to purchase new phones for my husband and I.  I selected one of the Galaxy phones that I liked which was $150 each.  I was told by the sale representative that they would require a security deposit of $400 dollars for each phone.  At the end of the sale I payed $1,180.00 for activate and purchase two phones, which I thoguht was ecessive but I figured the service would be better and the monthly plan of $99.00 seems competitive for enhanced performance.  The service was no better that my T-Mobile phone in some areas is was worse and calls would drop.  Two weeks therafter I received a bill of $389.00 from Verizon Wireless for the first month of service.  I contacted Andrew the sale representative and informed him I would be returning the phones as the service was no better than my previous carrier and $389.00 for less than two weeks of service was absolutely excessive.  He explained taht the first month bill had a $50.00 activation fee and federal surcharges.  He also explained to me I was outside of the 14-day courtesy exchange window and I would ALSO have to pay a $330.00 Early Termination Fee per phone to cancel the service.  So I asked myself as well as any reasonably prudent individual does paying $1,180.00 and $389.00 a total of $1,569.00 for two weeks of cellular phone service not seem ridiculuos?  Not only did they charge me another $789.00 dollars for terminating the service but also kept the deposit and reported the account on my credit report thirty days later.

In my opinion as well as the other 995 complaints Verizon Wireless has on-line my advise is TO not do business with this company.  There business model is disgusting.  Gouge people on price and then rip them off on their credit reports as well.  Similar to other companies who have going bankrupt because the did not follow narrow profit margins to stay competitive and opted to rip off their customers they will inevitably reach their demise. For this consumer and anyone I can give advice to go with flat rate monthly providers like Metro PCS or T-Mobile and save your self the headache of dealing with a company who's business model is based on predatory billing practices.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 01/19/2013 03:15 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Verizon-Wireless-Florida/Clearwater-Florida-/Verizon-Wireless-Florida-Rate-Highking-Price-Gouging-and-Predatory-Business-Model-Clear-999837. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Verizon Wireless Florida