Complaint Review: Verizon Wireless

• Reported By: wilstyx — st petersburg Florida
Verizon Wireless
Basking Ridge, New Jersey USA

Verizon Wireless Early termination fee Basking Ridge New Jersey

Did businees with Verizon for over six years. Went to local store on a Sunday (which for a lot of us is the only day that the 2 of us can do things together) and was told by the rep that our contract was expiring in three days and porting could take up to 4 days (verified this on the internet and with another company) so if we were going to do something we needed to get it done. I know now that this was a "hard sell" technique to get us to reup with Verizon. Well we went to another company.

Porting our number was not done until late on Monday but Verizon said that we cancelled our contract on Sunday. ( 3 days early ) and that we owe them 240.00 Early termination fee. I did not official cancel my "contract" with Verizon until Thursday in an email I sent to them that they somehow never got. Funny my log says they did. I will never do business with Verizon in any form again. Why should I pay over $ 160.00 and month when I can pay $ 90.00 for what so far has been superior service. No worries about overages or roaming or any of the other crap they put me thru the last year.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 05/14/2013 09:41 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Verizon-Wireless/Basking-Ridge-New-Jersey-07920/Verizon-Wireless-Early-termination-fee-Basking-Ridge-New-Jersey-1050850. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Verizon Wireless