Complaint Review: Verizon Wireless

• Updated: Thu, June 12, 2014

• Reported By: Mary — Gerber California
Verizon Wireless
1950 East 20th Street Chico, California USA

Verizon Wireless Insurance on Phone Total Rip Off. Cost us an Upgrade needed for future phone purchase. Chico California

*Consumer Comment: 26 month contract on two year agreement

Our college student lost her phone in July of 2013.  We do not live in the same town as her and we were not able to accompany her to the Verizon store to help her get a new phone.  She called me, not my boyfriend (who is the account holder and pays for our phones) to tell me what happened and I advised her to go to the Verizon Store and get a new phone.  Unbeknownst to me or my daughter, my boyfriend had been paying for insurance on her phone.  No one at the Verizon store ever told my daughter that there was insurance on the phone.  By the time I discussed this with my other half it was too late, my daughter had already purchased a new phone by using one of the existing upgrades on our account.  By my daughter using an upgrade to keep the cost of the new phone down she was using someone else’s upgrade and not her own, we have 4 phones on our Verizon plan and each phone is on a 2 year contract.  So you can see this is where the problem in lies, instead of utilizing the insurance, here we are, 6 months later and we need that upgrade in order to replace an existing phone that is failing.

Verizon should have never went through the purchase process with my daughter without at least letting her know that there was insurance on her phone.  How is it that Verizon can get away with this type of disconnect between phones and insurance?  How can you trust Verizon to following through correctly and honor their products and services?

I called Verizon today (1/2/2014) after the fact, to request that an upgrade be back dated or made available due to the situation created by the lack of Verizon's customer service in July of 2013.  The customer service rep I talked to even stated that he didn't see how that information could have been missed when my daughter went in for her phone.  The rep put me on hold, came back and stated nothing could be done about the upgrade, that we could purchase a refurbished phone or use the one existing upgrade on our account.  The problem is with four phones on our account we do not want to use the one available upgrade since it belongs to his father and we would not want to burden him if in the event his phone quits or is lost.

Just frustrating how disconnected Verizon is.  So eager to sell sell sell and so disconnected and unprepared to follow through with managing our account.  Guess I should have hit this harder back when it originally started but we work full time, also manage our agricultural construction business, and we were involved in moving my elderly parents (from another town) into a home near us, my mother was very sick, spending time in and out of the hospital at that time.  Now she is in Hospice. I being the only available source of transportation for them just can’t do everything.  This is not right.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 01/03/2014 03:21 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Verizon-Wireless/Chico-California-95928/Verizon-Wireless-Insurance-on-Phone-Total-Rip-Off-Cost-us-an-Upgrade-needed-for-future-p-1112727. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Verizon Wireless

26 month contract on two year agreement

AUTHOR: piss doff - ()

i am also a victim of this insurance fraud ... i paid 26 months on a two year contract and when i accidentaly dropped a two by four on my blackberry 9370 i reported it right away thinking I have paid insurance for two years so i would get my upgrade and not have to pay a deposit... I was charged 100 $ for the same phone that even brand new still in the box was only worth 1 $ trade in..... I got ripped off bad by verizon

Bryan   Toccoa Ga