Complaint Review: Verizon Wireless

• Reported By: aleeju — Grand Rapids Michigan United States of America
Verizon Wireless
Grand Rapids, Michigan United States of America

Verizon Wireless deactivated phones are still "active" Grand Rapids, Michigan

*Author of original report: Was it my post on Ripoff Report or a coincidence?

Two weeks ago I purchased 2 new phones from Straight Talk and asked to have the 2 phone numbers from my Verizon plan ported to Straight Talk.   We activated the new phones, but even now the old phones are still receiving some text messages.

I've called both Verizon and Straight Talk on many occasions.  Straight Talk says the numbers are ported through.  Verizon customer service  reps usually say "that's strange".  I've been told that could happen if my # wasn't "fully ported" and that they just plain old didn't know why the phones still work.  I can still make calls and send messages from these "deactivated" phones.

I really didn't want to go through the hassle of getting new phone numbers, but it seems like that is my only solution.

Has anyone else had an issue like this?

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 01/05/2012 12:47 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Verizon-Wireless/Grand-Rapids-Michigan-/Verizon-Wireless-deactivated-phones-are-still-active-Grand-Rapids-Michigan-818444. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Verizon Wireless

Was it my post on Ripoff Report or a coincidence?

AUTHOR: aleeju - (United States of America)

Yesterday I posted the above complaint about my old Verizon phone not deactivating, and miraculously, today it is off network and my new Straight Talk phone is working the way it should.  No kidding.

Nice Website!!