Complaint Review: Verizon Wireless

• Submitted: Wed, October 15, 2008
  • Updated: Fri, October 24, 2008

• Reported By:Huntersville North Carolina
Verizon Wireless
9705 Sam Furr Rd Huntersville, North Carolina U.S.A.

Verizon Wireless DEAD ZONE No Service, Poor Service, No resolution or planned resolution Huntersville North Carolina

*Consumer Suggestion: Ned, I experienced the same thing you did...Here's what I did

*Author of original report: Looking for PO'ed verizon customers/Web Developer in 28078

I saw the column on Cell service still spotty in The Peninsula in the Huntersville Herald on July 18th.
Should have been titled
New Tower causes New Problems for customers beyond the Peninsula

There's much more to the story than what was reported.

I've lived in Wynfield for the past 13 years with Verizon service that's been flawless, that is up until the last few months. Now none of our five Verizon phones work in our home or even close to it.

I have talked to Verizon support five times and have received five different answers like- It's your phone all 5 of them and my neighbors? It's an ALLTEL tower interfering you shouldn't have a problem because you have three towers surrounding you different answers ever time I called. After each service call I would get a text message or a voice mail from Verizon a couple of days later telling me the issue has been resolved and closed. The funny thing is I would only get the text or voice mail after I left my house. You got it, no service and no resolution. On my last call they flat out said go ahead and cancel your service.

After I saw the Herald column I talked to other Wynfield residents with Verizon (easy to do, there all standing at the end of their driveways to get a signal) and also people from Birkdale and McAuley. It seems the Peninsula tower did nothing to help the Peninsula but killed service for many residents located on the west side of 77, between Gilead and 73. That's just what I know of, most likely more.

Verizon is completely aware of this issue but completely unaware of how to address it. They don't communicate the problem to their tech staff or store staff in Huntersville. They just keep taking the complaint calls and sending out (can you NOT hear me now) trucks to test for an issue that they have already tested. My next door neighbor just called me (on my land line) to tell me that a Verizon tech was in front of his house following up on a complaint he called in yesterday. Well it's the same issue I, and others have called in over the last three months so why bother coming out. When you call their tech support number they will ask 20 questions and provide 20 different answers. Can they not put two and two together?

The first question they should ask is
Do you live in 28078 Wynfield, Birkdale or McAuley?
If so - Tough
But no..they will keep you on the phone for 20-50 minutes (wasting your time and theirs) asking the same canned questions that they have asked all the other area customers in their newly created DEAD ZONE with NO resolution.

It's amazing that a communication company with the largest network has so little communication within their own organization on a coverage problem. If they put half the time energy and resources into resolving an issue that they created as they have into ignoring it, there would be no issue.

No Service Ned
Huntersville, North Carolina

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 10/15/2008 07:21 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Verizon-Wireless/Huntersville-North-Carolina-28078/Verizon-Wireless-DEAD-ZONE-No-Service-Poor-Service-No-resolution-or-planned-resolution-H-381364. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Verizon Wireless

#1 Consumer Suggestion

Ned, I experienced the same thing you did...Here's what I did

AUTHOR: Steve - (U.S.A.)

Ned,

First of all, stay off the phone. Only local reps will be able to fix your problem.

I experienced the same thing with Verizon and found out it was a settings issue with the phone to accomodate the tower changes.

Also with Verizon, you have to do manual updates to your phone on a regular basis, and you must regularly shut your phone totally off as this is when it updates its tower location.

I was one of those people who never shut my phone off and that is why I had problems.

Go to a local Verizon Store [not an authorized retailer, but a GENUINE corporate location] and have the technician check the settings on your phone. I would bet they need to be tweeked.

Looking for PO'ed verizon customers/Web Developer in 28078

AUTHOR: No Service Ned - (U.S.A.)

Are you in Huntersville, Lake Norman or Cornelius 28078 area and your verizon wireless service has taken a nose dive? If so you're not alone.

We are looking for a Web Developer that has been affected by the Verizon tower realignment to help us build a web site to gather information on just how many have been effected. We have the domain and hosting, but need help putting the site together.

Please email