Complaint Review: Verizon Wireless

• Updated: Sat, June 11, 2011

• Reported By: Dale — yazoo city Mississippi USA
Verizon Wireless
Madison, Mississippi United States of America

Verizon Wireless Sales Rep. lied to get me to sign up with Verizon Madison, Mississippi

*Consumer Comment: To the op don't let these meatheads get you down they are scum they love to tell every one else to take responsibility for their actions why can't these businesses do the same

*REBUTTAL Owner of company: CONTRACT

*Consumer Comment: buyer's remorse

My G/F and I had been with Alltel since 2003 Paying $85 a month for two Lines on a Unlimited Family Share plan. and had renewed our contract every 18 months and upgraded phones. Well when Verizon Wireless bought Alltel out we received notices in the mail about the change over and also stating that nothing needed to be done on our part and that our current equipment (Phones) would  continue to work. Not True. in Oct. 2009 we Received letters telling us that if we wanted to continue to be able to use our phones we must upgrade our Phones to Verizon Wireless Equipment by Dec 1, 2009 so I  looked on the internet and bought a LG Chocolate from a Wholesale dealer. when it arrived I contacted Verizon Wireless C/S told them I wanted to Activate a Phone Gave them all my Act. info After 2.5 Hours and no Cell Service a C/S Representative told me I Had a bad ESN And needed to take that phone to the Nearest Verizon Wireless Retail Store. And let A Tech. look at it.( the nearest Store is 30 miles from my home. ) I did as I was told but the tech. at that store with out even looking at the phone said that all she could do for me would be to get me to sign a new 2 year contract With Verizon Wireless then she would show me what deals they had. she also promised that the bill would stay the same. well that was another lie. I Had to pay $85 for my phone which was the LG VX8650 Chocolate 3 and $50 for a Samsung Smooth for my G/F. And for a 2 line Unlimited Family Share plan which included Unlimited Web Usage And Browsing went from $85.00 a month in Jan 2009 to $150.00. when I called C/S they told me that: We're Sorry any confusion but we no longer have unlimited Web and I was being charged $1.99 Per K/B of Usage. Verizon is so Money hungry till even dropping To basic 700 min. a month and paying $4.99 for 250 Text on 1 line and $9.99 for 750 text on my line My bill was never below $125 a month. now they want a ETF because I had 9 months left on my contract that I was Tricked into Signing up with Verizon Wireless.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 06/07/2011 08:47 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Verizon-Wireless/Madison-Mississippi-/Verizon-Wireless-Sales-Rep-lied-to-get-me-to-sign-up-with-Verizon-Madison-Mississippi-738138. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Verizon Wireless

To the op.   Don't let these meatheads get you down,   they are scum they love to tell every one else to take responsibility for their actions why can't these businesses do the same.

#2 REBUTTAL Owner of company

CONTRACT

AUTHOR: PEAK CREDIT SERVICES - (USA)

I am the owner of Peak Credit Services, LLC, and feel it is necessary for me to comment on these so called rip off reports. First, every one of these people fails to remember, they signed a contract. The problem is, when someone goes to a third party dealer of a major cell phone seller, they are so happy about getting a cell phone that they will sign their first born away, just so they can talk without wires.
The truth is this, before the customer gets the cell phone, they signed a contract from the cellular provider, (Sprint, T-Mobile, ATT and Verizon), they also signed a contract with SecureIt, the contracts in which I own.  I have in my files a copy of a sign contract and a photo id, from all customers.
The problem is this, as soon as the new cell phone is activated the cellular provider pays the dealer a $400.00 commission, (line 5 on the SecureIt contract), they also receive the cost of the equipment the customer purchased, (line 3 of the SecureIt contract).  All customers have a 30 day free look period, (line 7 of SecureIt contract), if not satisfied, return within the 30 days no obligation.  After the first 30 days the customer is required to keep the service for a minimum of 180 days, (line 6 of the contract). The problem is, these people deactivated their cell service and the dealer lost their commission, which the customer agreed to pay if they did in fact deactivate (line 2 of the contract.)
It comes down to this, I am a RIP OFF because people did not READ the contract before signing.
People need to take responsibility for their own actions.  I love when someone tells me,  I never read the contract, or I was not told that.  Again, TAKE RESPONSIBILITY FOR YOUR OWN ACTIONS, STOP BLAMMING OTHERS.  YOU OWE THE BILL

buyer's remorse

AUTHOR: coast - (USA)

"I was Tricked into Signing up"

You weren't tricked. If you don't agree with the contract terms then don't sign. You are suffering from buyer's remorse, not from a rip off.