Complaint Review: Verizon Wireless

• Submitted: Tue, December 20, 2011
  • Updated: Tue, December 20, 2011

• Reported By: David — Cornville Arizona U.S.A.
Verizon Wireless
2055 W Highway 89A Suite D Sedona, Arizona United States of America

Verizon Wireless Go Wireless Cell Phone Return After One Day Of Use Is Destroying My Credit Sedona, Arizona

Leased a cell phone through Go Wireless in Sedona AZ on 13 December 2010 and was told that if for any reason I was not happy with the phone, I could return the phone within 30 days with no penalties attached.
On 14 December 2010, I returned the phone telling the manager of the Go Wireless store that I was unhappy with the phone. I told him I wanted a simpler phone as the one I originally received was too difficult to operate. I wanted a simpler phone. He became indignant, but nevertheless took my phone back in its original case and packing.(I never even made one call with this phone to anyone) The manager asked me for $50 as a restocking fee, which I paid.

In July 2011, I to my credit union for a loan to refinance my home, and after a credit report was pulled, it showed that Verizon Wireless charged off this loan as being unpaid. The Credit Report stated I owed $557 and it also stated that no payment was made for four months. This account was also turned over to RPM Collections.

I finally contacted RPM Collections after being told by Verizon Recovery in Minneapolis that RPM was now in charge of this account. I paid RPM an additional $58.04 and was told that this will satisfy the account. I then contacted Verizon Recovery again and spoke with Wendall (Badge # 100590 ) who assured me that the charge off and negative credit on my credit report would disappear, as the mistake was Verizon's. So far to date, it has not disappeared as promised.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 12/20/2011 12:13 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Verizon-Wireless/Sedona-Arizona-86336/Verizon-Wireless-Go-Wireless-Cell-Phone-Return-After-One-Day-Of-Use-Is-Destroying-My-Cred-811860. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Verizon Wireless