Complaint Review: Verizon Wireless

Verizon Wireless
, Select State/Province USA

Verizon Wireless Lie to me about what I was getting El Cajon CA

*Consumer Suggestion: smarmy sales person

We were at Parkway Plaza and my son stop at the Verizon Kiosh.  He started looking at a Galaxy S-5 and the guy came up and said the phone is free all you pay for is the tax.  Really he said.  So after 4 hours and me telling him I didn't trust you guys we finally did it.  He said all we pay for is the tax on phone, then he said he would include the verizon tablet and that was free, and my bill would go down by $2 so I don't know why you won't do it.  So he said you have 14 days to return, but you don't get your bill until after the 14 days.  So I get my bill there is a charge for $32.50 for Verizon edge, $10.00 a month for the tablet, $35.00 activation fee which they did credit my account for finally.  Then they took my 2G data plan and change to 250MB which I didn't tell them to do but that was to pay for the verizon edge which is the phone by the way so it wasn't free.  I went to the store and there is nothing they can do said the Kiosh is different from the store and I said look they are employed by verizon they had name  tags on them that said verizon.  So my bill is $206.00 this month minus the $35.00 $171.00.  This is $20.00 more then it was.  I am a single parent on a budget and that will hurt.  I am tired of these companies lying and getting away with it.  The store did tell me I could of stay on a contact which they don't tell you that, but since it was pass the 14 days which you can even see your bill till after that so how can you change it. I never even heard of verizon edge until I received my bill. By the way my son was there and heard everything.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 07/29/2014 01:13 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Verizon-Wireless/Select-StateProvince/Verizon-Wireless-Lie-to-me-about-what-I-was-getting-El-Cajon-CA-1165871. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Verizon Wireless

#1 Consumer Suggestion

smarmy sales person

AUTHOR: Mike - ()

corner the sales person in the parking lot and convince him to  let you out of the contract,

the time has some not to put up with this kind of stuff  from these scum bags.