Complaint Review: Verizon Wireless

• Reported By:peoria Arizona
Verizon Wireless
http://www.verizonwireless.com Internet U.S.A.

Verizon Wireless Just plain bad business verizonwireless.com Internet

I recently purchased a cell phone from verizon wirelesss. I called their call center about an internet ad i saw.

To make a long story short I paid a little over $300.00 for my phone, accessories, and my first month of prepaid calling.

On the 13th day of having my phone my battery died. I charged it over night and the following morning I tried to make a call and my phone was broken. I called them and was told that because I placed a phone order I had to pay for my phone again up front before they would send me a new phone. This was in case I didnt send the old one back.

I told them there was no way I was paying up front AGAIN to replace a phone that was defective and covered under their 14 day worry free guarantee. They told me the only way to avoid this charge was if i wanted to use the manufactures warranty to get a replacement from the manufacturer. I told them if i did that and had further problems that i wouldnt have a warranty anymore and refused to do it.

I ended up canceling my account with them for flat out bad business. Making me pay and holding 300.00 of my money for 3-4 weeks for a defective product is NOT the way to keep customers happy.

When i asked the rep what total would be refunded on my card after they received it i was told about 75.00 less that what i paid for it. When i asked what the total included they told me it was just for the phone. When i told them I was also returning the bluetooth headset, car charger and carrying case as well, the rep asked me, "What you want to return those to?" I told her of course I did. Why would i keep accessories for a phone that can only be used in the verizon wireless network, For a souvenir?

Someone hold her sign so she dont lose it!

I'm sending the phone in tomorrow. Hopefully things go smoothly with the refund. However i wanted to make people aware of the flat out bad business practicess of verizon, and the stupidity of their customer service, and hopefully save some other poor soul the hassle of dealing with what i had to today.

peoria, Arizona

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 04/26/2006 12:56 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Verizon-Wireless/internet/Verizon-Wireless-Just-plain-bad-business-verizonwirelesscom-Internet-188636. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Verizon Wireless