Complaint Review: Verizon Wireless

• Updated: Thu, April 24, 2014

• Reported By: Fed up — Ft. Collins Colorado
Verizon Wireless
Nationwide USA

Verizon Wireless Charged for early termination when they in fact could not provide service Loveland Nationwide

I moved to Colorado in 2012 to a location that was fairly remote.

At the time I had Verizon wireless as my cell phone provider, but was experiencing problems receiving service in the area.

After inquiring with other people in the area learned that Verizon did in fact experience a "Dead zone" in the area.

I contacted Verizon tech support and reported the problem and they said they would send an engineer to check out the problem.Thinking I was doing them a favor told them it was not necessary since I already knew that the service was not avaliable there. They didn't inform me that if an engineer didn't check out the problem that I would be held liable for terminating the contract early, and consequently expected me to pay the remaining contract in full. I have spend hours trying to resolve this dispute to no avail and they insist that I am still liable.It has now been turned over to collections and is reflecting on my credit report as a deliquent account. I feel this is a fradulent charge and that Verizon has been totally un willing to work with me.

I in all honesty do nof feel I should be held liable for their lack of service.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 04/24/2014 03:15 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Verizon-Wireless/nationwide/Verizon-Wireless-Charged-for-early-termination-when-they-in-fact-could-not-provide-servic-1141490. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Verizon Wireless