Complaint Review: Verizon Wireless

• Reported By: Alicia — East Peoria Illinois
Verizon Wireless
Nationwide USA

Verizon Wireless ETF fees have gotten out of hand!!!!! ST. Thomas Nationwide

*Consumer Comment: You are so wrong about all of this...

*Consumer Comment: The ETF fees are for the discounted phone you got...You likely could have bought it for hundreds more without a contract...right?

I recently switched jobs which caused me to move to the US Virgin Islands. During this move I learned that Verizon didn't have service in St. Thomas where I now live. I called them and the only option that they gave me was to pay $1.99 a minute for roaming. I am sorry but I don't know anyone who can afford that. They simply had no towers here and they couldn't support me having a phone with them. I reached out to their online chat service and the representative told me that if I submitted a letter from my job with the dates I would moving as well as the company information and HR contact that they would waive the early termination fee since they didn't support service in my area. I did as asked and submitted all of the necessary paperwork and then the nightmare began. I ended up having to call Verizon multiple times so that they would honor what I had been told and I kept hitting brick walls. Everyone told me after the fact that they weren't going to honor what I had been told. Even after I faxed all the paperwork in. I talked to managers, customer service reps, the finance department, EVERYONE I could speak to and nothing worked. Ultimately for two lines of service I had to pay $555 to get out of my contract without it destroying my credit.

I feel that is unacceptable given the fact that I had a valid reason for leaving Verizon. They simply did not offer coverage where I was moving to. They even went so far as to say don't you have someone you can give the phone to? Hello I am moving my entire immediate family across the ocean. Who am I going to give these two phones to? You don't offer service and you won't even work with me to help me find a better solution.

Ultimately I think it’s unfair for them to expect customers to pay and ETF (early termination fee) when they don't offer services in their area or the roaming fees that they would be charged are so high they aren't economical. I Think this company has lost sight of the customer and what it means to have good customer service. I have warned a couple of friends to stay away from them because they rip you off in my opinion and it’s not right.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 05/19/2014 02:11 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Verizon-Wireless/nationwide/Verizon-Wireless-ETF-fees-have-gotten-out-of-hand-ST-Thomas-Nationwide-1147970. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Verizon Wireless

You are so wrong about all of this...

AUTHOR: Ken - ()

They offer you an expensive phone for little or NO cost and amortize it over the two year CONTRACT period.  You are NOT paying for service NOT received.  You likely had the choice of paying outright for the phone with not contract..right>

I just don't see the Ripoff.

Nope, I don't work for them, but do use their service and pay full price for my phone(s)...hence NO contract.

AUTHOR: Ken - ()

It's not their fault you moved where you did.  Get over it, you're being unreasonable.

Nope, I only use their service and DON'T work for them.