Complaint Review: Verizon Wireless

• Updated: Sun, August 03, 2014

• Reported By: Consumer101 — Worland Wyoming
Verizon Wireless
Nationwide USA

Verizon Wireless Prepaid customer service is completely dishonest - taking money off my balance FOR NOTHING Nationwide

Every time customer service said they were "helping" me, it got worse and worse.  They did not do what they told me they were going to do:

OK. So when this all started I had $36 and some change on my balance...

I had been paying the $60 unlimited call, text, and data plan for about a year.  I received a text soliciting a $45 plan that would save me money.  It said "Click for details."  So I clicked.  It automatically changed my plan.

The problem is, is that I had just paid my $60 two days before, and now I had a quarter of the data that I had just paid for.  My mistake.  I called Verizon to ask if they could undo what just happened.  They informed me that the $60 plan is no longer available.

But the representative on the phone told me she would:

1. Refund my $60

2. Purchase the $45 plan

3. Buy $15 worth of data, that, added to the data on the $45 plan, would equal the same amount anyway... Basically it would be a wash, except for the fact that my unused data would roll over, making this a better deal in the long run.

OK.  Fine.  But that is not what happened.  I'm really not sure what the representative did, but my account balance now said $4.00.  That is not what I was told.

I called them back wondering where the $32 and the change on my account had gone.  They really had no explaination, but after speaking to a supervisor, they put a "request" for a refund of my 32.??.  It was refused.

I called them back, and spoke to another supervisor, who seemed to understand the problem, and another "request" was put in for a refund, which was refused.

OK... FINE... I decided that I would just pay the $45 and stop using the internet on my phone unless I absolutely had to.  This month after adding $45 to my balance of $4, I had a total balance of $39.

So I called them again.  Well, aparently one of the data packages that was "purchased" in July was not yet paid for (since when did Verizon give credit?) and that is where my missing $10 went.  The representative was able to "refund" my $10, putting my balance at exactly $45.   ????What kind of math is that????

All in all, it's only $36 and some change that I'm out, but it's the principle that they are blatantly ripping me off that pisses me off the most.  Yes, I'd like my $36.?? back please.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 08/03/2014 08:41 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Verizon-Wireless/nationwide/Verizon-Wireless-Prepaid-customer-service-is-completely-dishonest-taking-money-off-my-b-1167132. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Verizon Wireless