Complaint Review: Verizon Wirless (Wireless Zone)

• Submitted: Tue, November 04, 2008
  • Updated: Mon, May 04, 2009

• Reported By:Sebastian Florida
Verizon Wirless (Wireless Zone)
Www.verizonwirless.com Sebastian, Florida U.S.A.

Verizon Wirless (Wireless Zone) Corporate, Fraudulent, Misrepresentation, Inability to perform proper audit to rectify their errors, or restitiution for their harrassment and abuse. Sebastian Florida

*REBUTTAL Owner of company: Difficult Circumstance...

*UPDATE Employee: Not Verizon Wireless

*Consumer Suggestion: Please clarify your problem...

Initially, changed plan, January 25, 2008. Store confirmed plan was inaccurate by corporate company and would be remedied. Immense contradicting statements, excuses, and harrassments from every possible employee.

Excessive use of my time to oversee and stay on top of this issue for nearly a year now. They fail to do a complete and accurate audit to credit the just amount they have screwed me out of and have changed the amount several times, depending on the employee spoken with at the time.

The store assured me this would be remedied, it has not. The "District Manager" is on vacation.........the other person, "is on vacation".

Basically a complete and utter run around without apology, due diligence to remedy their error, no apology for the harrassment and stress and just a sickening and gross disrespect for my time, patronage, and excessive patience for their complete and utter inhumanity.

Stephanie Florida
Sebastian, Florida

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 11/04/2008 05:53 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Verizon-Wirless-Wireless-Zone/Sebastian-Florida/Verizon-Wirless-Wireless-Zone-Corporate-Fraudulent-Misrepresentation-Inability-to-per-388028. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Verizon Wirless (Wireless Zone)

#1 REBUTTAL Owner of company

Difficult Circumstance...

AUTHOR: Rob - (U.S.A.)

Dear Stephanie,

I am replying to this report because I know the circumstances involved extremely well and want to offer my sincere apologies as the owner of this franchise.

As a franchise, we try to separate ourselves from the corporation we are representing by giving the customer our utmost attention as our main goal is to provide customer satisfaction.

As you know, we have done everything in our power to help with your situation, as hard as it has been for you and us.

The original issue resulted from a system malfunction, where the price plan change happened to all lines except for one line. This is something that should not happen, as the system is set up to not let certain transactions occur, specifically this one.

As soon as the first bill was received and was brought to our attention, we filed the correct forms through our online system the same day. However, at this point it is entirely up to the parent company to take over and get the system corrected as well as your billing issue. It is unfortunate we as the franchise and point of sale do not have the capability to issue, offer, or produce credits especially pertaining to this specific type of situation where the evidence is clear as is clear the correction.

The point of this rebuttal is not to cast blame on the parent company, rather to shed light on a faulted system which could save the customer, parent company, and franchise time, effort, and money.

Stephanie, this is not the first time a simple credit issue has come up and turned into a nightmare and I assure you we feel as much to blame as the system that is set in place.

However, in no circumstance do I feel that we have been fraudulent, we did not misrepresent ourselves or our parent company, nor have we specifically harassed or set forth any abuse on you. If you have specific evidence we have done any of the above, I ask you bring it forward so I can address and correct any situation pertaining to any of the accusations.

The one thing I really empathize with is for the time and effort you have put into this debacle to get it somewhat corrected and I can assure you we have done everything on our end possible. This I cannot give back to you and sincerely apologize.

I thank you for your time and look forward to hearing from you to correct any issues that are still out there.

Sincerely,

Rob McBurney
Sebastian, FL
Owner
Rob@robsq.com

AUTHOR: Micheruvzw - (U.S.A.)

Wireless Zone is not Verizon Wireless, but rather a franchise that has leased the rights to use the Verizon name. It has no links to Verizon Wireless aside from the rights to sell service. Verizon has no more say over WZone's actions than it does.. say.. McDonalds.

However, I also dislike Wireless Zone, as an employee of Verizon Wireless - the zone's caused quite a bit of trouble before.. so.. I did some digging:

generalmanager@wirelesszone.com

Looks like they only employ 58 people, so I doubt there's a true 'district manager', likely they have to run everything through central. When I called them to confirm a phone got returned to them, they had to actually contact me to someone in their central HQ even just to leave a remark on the account.. Beaurocracy, bleh.

#5 Consumer Suggestion

Please clarify your problem...

AUTHOR: Jarrod - (U.S.A.)

I am the owner of a Wireless Zone in Central Florida; not the one you are reporting, but one in the same general region in the state of Florida. To be quite honest, I'm trying to figure out what exactly your problem is. From what I can gather, you had a billing issue or a problem with trying to obtain bill credits. Getting bill credits is quite an involved process, and cannot be resolved at a retail store, whether its a company-owned store or a Wireless Zone. If you had a problem at a Wireless Zone, there is a help line, 1-800-WZ-HELPS, that could have been utilized to rectify your issue, without bad-mouthing the entire franchise on an open web forum. Did you try to resolve your problem with the main Wireless Zone office? I'm not trying to sound condescending, but it sounds as though you were looking for an unrealistic expectation concerning your bill, and Verizon Wireless was not willing/able to meet your expectation, and now you are pinning your frustration on the store that was trying to help you with your billing issue.

As a side note, you may notice that yours is the ONLY complaint against Wireless Zone on the entire Ripoff Report website; this is no accident, as we pride our franchise on customer service.

Please post additional details concerning your issue, and I will try to provide assistance to resolve.