Complaint Review: Verizon

• Submitted: Sun, February 17, 2013
  • Updated: Mon, February 25, 2013

• Reported By: Macbeth — Boston Massachusetts United States of America
Verizon
125 High Street, Oliver Tower, 7th Floor Boston, Massachusetts United States of America

Verizon Verizon New England Landline Phone bill went up 33.33% - Deregulation Boston, Massachusetts

*Consumer Suggestion: Sounds like your fault...

So I opened up my Verizon phone bill this month (landline and internet) and my bill had gone up 33.33% in one month.  I stick with a landline for various reasons.  Cell phone service goes out I can still make a call, etc... And apparently I was told by a relative that landlines got deregulated so....

I really despise Comcast but seriously is Verizon's plan is to hope that Comcast is so vile that they can do whatever they want to me and I won't go somewhere else or think I won't find a way to adapt around them?  Technology is growing pretty fast Verizon.  We will find ways to work around you - you are not too big to fail.

A 33.33% increase in one month is their way of saying "You are beneath contempt to us."

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 02/17/2013 10:00 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Verizon/Boston-Massachusetts-02110/Verizon-Verizon-New-England-Landline-Phone-bill-went-up-3333-Deregulation-Boston-Mas-1015720. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Verizon

#1 Consumer Suggestion

Sounds like your fault...

AUTHOR: Batman - (United States of America)

My bill didn't go up so it sounds like your account probably recently reset to its "normal" billing amount.

In other words, you probably had signed up under a discount plan of some sort and it recently expired. I bet you got like 20 separate notices by mail and stuffed in your recent bills to remind you this day was coming but you were too "busy" to pay attention.

Whatever the case, it's no need to get all bent out of shape and fly off the handle with your crazy theories... "too big to fail", "adapt around them", "beneath contempt"... seriously? You really believe all that? You honestly think that's Verizon's official corporate strategy? You think your wild accusations warrant an online post that isn't able to be edited or deleted? This isn't Yelp, so grow up, pal.

I suggest you simply pour a cup of decaf and decide if you're happy with Verizon's service. If you are, then just call up Verizon and see about setting up a new discount plan for yourself, one that you feel is at a fair rate. If you can't agree on a fair price, then you find yourself another service provider and get on with your life.

"Can you hear me now?"