pause

• Updated: Thu, March 22, 2012

• Reported By: Brooklyn, Atlantic — Brooklyn New York United States of America
Verizon
Brooklyn, New York United States of America

Verizon Verizon Communications Verizon High Speed Internet is Scam Brooklyn, New York

Like many who have compalined about slow internet, I called verizon and asked for a solution. They told me to pay about $44.99 and I could get up to 5mbps. Bought the service but I found out I'm runining with less than 1mbps. Called customer service and after turning the modem on and off to no avail, agent said the problem with my modem. He stated that this type of modem, Westell, the name of it, I believe, cannot handle more than 3mbps. He advised me to downgrade my speed. He downgraded me to 3mbps. The problem, I still run on less than 1mbps, even on weekends and night. Got so sick from calling them and they give me the same tips, such as restart the modem and your pc and run speed test etc. Know I have given up. asked a friend he stated that he is having the same problem. I think this high speed internet is just scam.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 03/22/2012 03:54 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Verizon/Brooklyn-New-York-11217/Verizon-Verizon-Communications-Verizon-High-Speed-Internet-is-Scam-Brooklyn-New-York-857967. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Verizon