Complaint Review: Verizon

• Updated: Mon, June 16, 2014

• Reported By: Anonymous — Tampa Florida
140 West St, 49th Floor, Ny, NY 10007 New York, New York USA

Verizon never refunded me after months of calls and letters New York New York

Verizon proceeds to rip me off and screw me over again. 8 years ago when moving from one state to another I gave a date one month in advance of the move to transfer service to the new number assigned to us for FL. They cut off landline phone/internet service a few days later, blamed us, and realized 3 days before we moved that they had hit a wrong code in their computer. After 90 days of phone calls and an FCC complaint we finally got a refund.

I recently terminated 2 phone lines over 4 months ago. They owed me a refund. They put the wrong termination date in (to their advantage.) After multiple calls and letters to them, I am still receiving negative statements months later BUT NO REFUND. I kept the bank account open, paying monthly fees as they kept telling me I 'd receive a refund "next month."

I have written letters and made tons of calls. The FCC claims they responded to me in writing and left me messages (more like the other way around) back in July which never happened. The FCC rep I spoke with this week is pushing it up to a supervisor.

Verizon: I will no longer communicate with your company by phone--I have a right to see the written breakdown of what is owed to me. I don't want to speak to a company rep. Send me a letter.

I'm guessing Verizon just keeps the refunds for themselves. No wonder they make so much money.

I'm thinking that if I had owed THEM money, they would have destroyed my credit, charged me ridiculous interest and monthly late fees. Now I think that Verizon should send me interest and late fees in addition to whatever??? you owe me.

Next option: Spread the word on FaceBook, this website, and the media. Maybe I should hire a debt collector to pursue you.

Verizon executives, are you proud of stealing from your customers? Maybe your big salaries and bonuses are from the money you fail to return to long time customers like me!

Media inquiries are welcomed.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 09/30/2013 08:36 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Verizon/New-York-New-York-10007/Verizon-never-refunded-me-after-months-of-calls-and-letters-New-York-New-York-1088279. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Verizon