Complaint Review: Verizon

• Submitted: Sat, July 11, 2009
  • Updated: Thu, July 23, 2009

• Reported By:Mill Neck New York
Verizon
http://www22.verizon.com/ Oyster Bay, New York U.S.A.

Verizon And MCI Slamming Verizon removed my long distance carrier freeze without authorisation and added MCI Oyster Bay New York

*Consumer Suggestion: Danial Parisi with TBI COM has done this in the Past

In February 2008 I set up a Verizon fixed line account to be used for local calls only with toll and long distance dialing carrier frozen and no provider specified. This was done via a third party verifier on a recorded conversation. This has worked well until now. If a user tried to make a long distance or toll call, there was a recording on the line that told him it was not possible to place the call.

For 14 months, I have been able to use the phone only for local calls and have been correctly billed. I am the sole account holder.

On my most recent Verizon bill a single outgoing $80 call to Texas appeared with MCI as the long distance carrier.

When I called Verizon billing, they said there was longer a carrier freeze on my account and that I had 'selected MCI as my long distance carrier'. When I asked them when and how this had happened, they said they were not able to tell me.

I reported this to Verizon's fraud department and asked them to investigate. With third party verification in place, it seemed to me that it would be very easy to find out who had authorised the change to my account and who had lifted the freeze. The fraud department said that they could not help and referrred me back to billing.

Surely the whole point of third party verification is to protect both parties by keeping records of what happened? How do I now find out who slammed me and how?

Angry_user
Mill Neck, New York

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 07/11/2009 06:50 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Verizon/Oyster-Bay-New-York-11765/Verizon-And-MCI-Slamming-Verizon-removed-my-long-distance-carrier-freeze-without-authorisa-468692. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Verizon

#1 Consumer Suggestion

Danial Parisi with TBI COM has done this in the Past

AUTHOR: Dan Parisi Illegal Telemarketing - (U.S.A.)

I had a similar problem. You need to talk to Verizon again and tell them that you were illegally slammed. More than likely by Danial Parisi at TBI COM.

They probally tried to renew your account and thought you were with another carrier but never put the Long Distance on.

http://tbicom.com/ These guys are famous for hiring slammers keeping a percentage and then blamming the agent for the work while looking the other way.

They get your info from searching the Verizon Database with access from another provider then call you or call each other in the telemarketing room and fake third party verification!

It is done all the time by these people.