Complaint Review: Verizon

• Submitted: Thu, February 02, 2012
  • Updated: Thu, February 02, 2012

• Reported By: Darrell — SEVERNA PARK Maryland U.S.A.
Verizon
PO Box 33078 St Petersburg, Florida United States of America

Verizon Verizon FiOS Internet Unfairly Treats Returning Customers St Petersburg, Florida

I am very annoyed at Verizon for not appreciating the value of a returning customer.  A few months ago, due to a changing work situation, I canceled my at-home Verizon FiOS Internet service.  I had been a customer for about 3 years, paying $44.99 per month.

Less than a month after I cancelled, I found out my work situation wasnt going to change as expected, and I called Verizon to restart the exact same service I had.  All they had to do was turn the signal back on.  All the hardware, router box, wiring, etc. was still in place so no installation was necessary.  To my dismay, Verizon said since I disconnected, I would have to pay a new rate of $54.99/month plus a $49.99 activation fee for the same service!  Not a good way to treat a long-time customer.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 02/02/2012 01:34 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Verizon/St-Petersburg-Florida-33733/Verizon-Verizon-FiOS-Internet-Unfairly-Treats-Returning-Customers-St-Petersburg-Florida-832901. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Verizon