Complaint Review: Verizon

• Updated: Mon, April 08, 2013

• Reported By: Corry — Hemet California
Verizon

Verizon Verizon Billing, Verizon Service, Internet

Verizon is Responsible for the death of our pet dog, as well as several hundreds of dollars in overdrafts and unpaid bills due to refusal to timely refund an erroneous overpayment of Home Internet/Telephone services.

It takes less than 5 minutes to pay your Verizon Telephone bill online right?   Using Bill Pay through your bank is a convenient process, but:  If by a glitch in the system or user error etc., IF, you over pay your bill, you will be in for a Very Long Process of getting your rightful money back from Verizon. They make it nearly impossible to get your overpayment back without spending copious numbers of hours and days contacting them, basically begging them to return the money.

On March 20, 2013, I sent $40.18 to pay my monthly Telephone/Internet bill.  My computer froze, and when I went back into Bill Pay, I'd "sent" them $2,240.18, thus Bankrupting me/us.  We live on Social Security and have no resources for money except this money.  The moment I'd noticed the error, I called Verizon and Wells Fargo.  I made numerous calls to Verizon the next day (3-21-2013).  They verified the overpayment but in essence REFUSED to make arrangements to return our money.  I've called them as many as 5 times a day since March 20, getting different "answers" about the "process" of being refunded.

As of this writing, it has been over THREE weeks, and we have been over drafted, unable to pay our bills, including Life Insurance, Rent, Medical bills, and as well, Lost our Pet Dog due to inability to pay a veterinarian to care for her.

Other customers have reported to this site, of several weeks to a month or more in getting a return of money.  This should be ILLEGAL.  They don't have the right to hold on to a customer's rightful money, and certainly should NOT accept funds that are many times the actual bill amount.

It is my/our hope that someone in a position of power help to force Verizon, and any large company to follow a strict rule of refunding money when it is demanded by a customer, and that the refund come either in the same form of payment or in usable funds no more than 5 days from the demand of same.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 04/08/2013 06:29 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Verizon/internet/Verizon-Verizon-Billing-Verizon-Service-Internet-1041767. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Verizon