Complaint Review: Verizon

• Submitted: Thu, July 31, 2014
  • Updated: Thu, July 31, 2014

• Reported By: Anonymous — Orange New Jersey
Nationwide USA

Verizon Premium Technical Support They basically talked me into getting a service I didn't need, knowing they could not help fix my computer. Nationwide

On December 5, 2013 I was having a startup issue with my now crashed computer.  I called Verizon and they basically twisted my arm into getting their Premium Technical Support Services, because they had seen issues like mine before, and could help me fix the start up problem.  They also stated the service was good for 10 months at $14.99 a month, and that anything that went wrong with my computer they could fix it without me having to take my computer to an expensive technician.  Needless to say they couldn't help me, told me to take my computer to a tech.  I figured what do I need them for, they lied, and then charged me a $59.99 early termination fee.  All this took place within the same day, so they could've waived the fee knowing they couldn't help me.  In total they got $74.98 for free.

I guess this is the future of Verizon, ripping off customers.  Why, they make so much money from all of their services.  I am thinking of cancelling them all together, phone, DSL and mobile.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 07/31/2014 11:50 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Verizon/nationwide/Verizon-Premium-Technical-Support-They-basically-talked-me-into-getting-a-service-I-didn-1166428. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Verizon