Complaint Review: Verizon

• Updated: Sun, May 11, 2014

• Reported By: donnie — Salem Oregon
Verizon
Nationwide USA

Verizon Told I would be charged $203.80 per month, but am being charged $296 per month Salem Oregon

*General Comment: Verizon Wireless Billing Practices

*General Comment: As far...

In February I changed my Verizon plan to the More Everything plan. I was told this would save me money. I used to pay $240 or so per month. I was told that with the new More Everything Plan I would be paying $203.80 per month for 5 lines. I repeatedly asked the agent at the Lancaster Store (Salem, OR) to confirm this price. "I will be paying $203.80 per month, including everything?" I was told Yes to my repeated requests for confirmations of the $203.80.

So I get my bill this month and it is for $296.00! I go to the store and they say the $296 is correct. That the $203.80 "didn't include the $80 + taxes and fees for the More Everything Plan".

So why didn't the agent tell me my monthly charge would be $283.80 + taxes and fees? Why  did he tell me it would be $203.80? I asked him directly many times for the "bottom line". How much exactly. If I had known it would be $283.80 + taxes and fees I would not have signed a 2 year contract with them, I would have gone elsewhere, but now I''m stuck--you don't find out for two months you are being ripped off, so it's too late to cancel or switch.

I know I should have read the fine print and all, but when a customer asks a direct question, the agent should give you a direct, honest answer. It's very simple.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 05/11/2014 08:55 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Verizon/nationwide/Verizon-Told-I-would-be-charged-20380-per-month-but-am-being-charged-296-per-month-Sa-1145737. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Verizon

#1 General Comment

Verizon Wireless Billing Practices

AUTHOR: normalman63 - ()

Verizon Wireless, Billing Address in Albany , NY  sadly has not been cooperative with consumers over the payment of past due bills. If a customer is making due effort to pay off the bill. regardless of the amount sent. Verizon should not be threatening the consumer with collections . If  a consumer decides to cancel  a contract with  Verizon this shows that the  customer  is somehow  not  satisfied  with the  services  that  they are providing.    Verizon  should not  punish  the consumer  for  being  dissatisfied  with   their   services, by   charging  any  type  of  "cancellation fee"  Verizon also should not  be doing any type of  gatecrashing or blocking  the other  internet  connections  that the  consumer  may have.  Verizon  should also not be asking the consumer  to divulge any personal information with the exception of information used to access  any service that the consumer desires.   Consumers should be given ample opportunity to voice that they are not satisfied with the way a business carries out their business practices.  Businesses should not bully , threaten or attempt to ruin the credit ratings of those consumers  who show due effort in paying off their bills, regardless of any amount sent.        Businesses do what they think they can get away with.   Threatening or bullying, or otherwise a dissatisfied customer with the collection of fees is just plain wrong. This shows that the company is less interested in providing a service , and much more  interested  in collecting  money  for  themselves.                      My advice to any one who has had issues with Verizon is to cancel your contract and find another provider.

#2 General Comment

As far...

AUTHOR: Tyg - ()

As far as the rep knows THAT IS the correct amount as taxes and fees fluxuates monthly depending on your calls ect. The STORE LEVEL clerk has no control of even knows the exact percentages on the taxes and fees. To hold someone accountable for something they have no information on is really kinda petty on your part. There is ALWAYS taxes and fees on top of the BASELINE price of your plan. YOU know this and youre blaming someone who has no information. THAT is a BILLING question and I can assure you that no store level employee is going to have that information.

So youre blaming someone who is INNOCENT because YOU didnt read the fine print. Yeah REAL mature of you. Maybe you will blame global warming on them next.......