Complaint Review: Verizon

• Submitted: Fri, March 14, 2008
  • Updated: Sun, March 16, 2008

• Reported By:san marcos California
Verizon
1717 La Plaza Drive Nationwide U.S.A.

Verizon Verizon is the worst service provider ever!! Www.verizonwireless.com California

*Consumer Comment: Oh!

*Author of original report: UPDATE

*Consumer Comment: Miscommunication?

Verizon is a total ripoff! They said they have a 30 day worry free guarranty. They told me that if I only used the cell phone for verizon to verizon calls then I would owe nothing. Guess what, they lied as usual. Now months later they say I have to pay almost $50 or they will send me to collections! What a joke, all they do is lie and blame me when I had several people tell me it was free! They are the worst ever, and I hate them with a passion. They are low life scum bag liars and should be ashamed of themselves. When I pay this, they had better never contact me again, or I will report them for harrassment. I hate cell phone companies, and am ready to just not have a cell phone at all because I am so sick of this. T mobile is just as bad, they all are horrible. If you value your life quality, don't use verizon. They are the worst.

Angry consumer
san marcos, California

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 03/14/2008 02:54 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Verizon/nationwide/Verizon-Verizon-is-the-worst-service-provider-ever-Wwwverizonwirelesscom-California-317996. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Verizon

Oh!

AUTHOR: Robert - (U.S.A.)

I did read it. Where in your report does it state that you had a 30 day free trial? Where in your report does it state that you turned in your phone after a week?

Around here, Verizon has a 14-day period for returning the phone(s) and discontinuing the service at no cost. If you found a 30-day free trial somewhere, good for you.

""Maybe you should read things more carefully before you start making assumptions about my situation.""

Maybe you should more clearly state the situation.

""I am a few units away from a Bachelors degree""

Glad to learn you're in school. Hopefully, you'll take some english composition classes (you're overusing commas where they shouldn't be used at all.)

""I read everything about their 30 day worry free trial that says when you cancel in that time you owe no money.""

I wish you had stated this in your report. Since you claim to have a receipt that states this "30 day trial" period (rather than the guarantee that you actually wrote,) I would send a certified, return receipt requested letter to Verizon Wireless insisting that they honor the offer and that they instruct the collection agency to cease all attempts to collect this "debt." You should probably include a statement that you wish them to send you an itemized listing of any and all charges that are pending and are not part of this "30-day free trial." It's a simple matter for the corporate offices to verify when your account was opened and when you returned the phone and cancelled the service.

Hopefully, once they receive your letter they will either stop all collection attempts or provide you a written explanation as to why they believe you owe them money.

I would also review my credit reports to see if this matter shows up.

AUTHOR: John - (U.S.A.)

Wrong.....try again. Nothing in your complaint says you returned the phone in a week, much less within 30 days-only that they had that plan.
You were too busy trying to get to the namecalling to worry about those small details.

AUTHOR: John - (U.S.A.)

UPDATE

AUTHOR: Angry consumer - (U.S.A.)

To robert, it is evident that you did not read my post. I did a 30 day free trial and was clearly told if during the trial of 30 days I turned in my phone I would owe no money since it was only a trial and not a service contract. I only used the phone for a week and then turned it in becuase the service was so poor, and was told again since it was a trial that I owed no money and even have a receipt as proof. Now I am being sent to collections six months later and never have received a call or bill until one day ago. Maybe you should read things more carefully before you start making assumptions about my situation. I am a few units away from a Bachelors degree and am not a stupid person. I read everything about their 30 day worry free trial that says when you cancel in that time you owe no money. Verizon lies to everyone, and I am no acception.

Miscommunication?

AUTHOR: Robert - (U.S.A.)

You expected FREE cell phone service with NO MONTHLY service fees?

What verizon offers is that when you call another verizon wireless customer, that call does not count against your minutes.

You still have to pay the monthly service fee, as well as those pesky federal, state, and local taxes and surcharges.

I know of NO cellphone service that is FREE. ALL of them have monthly costs that are determined by your calling plan.