Complaint Review: Verizon

Verizon
Nationwide USA

Verizon service problem not being fixed Reading Nationwide

*Author of original report: Still Not fixed

a few weeks ago someone from State College emailed me to say that every time he tried to call me he got a recorded message and could not get thru. He claimed he had tried many times over several days. I passed it off as a fluke - until 7/22/14 when I tried to call a business just 1/2 mile down the road and got that same message "due to area code changes it is necessary to dial the area code in addition to the 7-digit number.”

we all have been doing that around here for years. Tried 5 times - same result. Called Verizon and got no real answer other than - it must just be effecting a few numbers so we don't know about it. The person I was talking to (Raz) said he had reset a switch and I should try again. I did, same result. Then he said he had to turn it over to a different department but it should be fixed by the end of the day. He promised to call me back around 6pm to make sure the problem had been identified and fixed and also to talk about an adjustment to our bill since we had not had full  phone service for nearly a month.

I tried the outgoing number several times during the afternoon and again just before the expected call back. The problem was NOT fixed, and he never bothered to call back to check. Since Verizon uses their phone system to protect themselves from customers with problems rather than help us find solutions I really don’t know what to do. We have no idea how many other potential incoming calls have not gotten through or how many other numbers we won’t be able to reach when needed. It is a freightening way to live.

tried several more times today. no change. still no call back. I want full incoming and outgoing service to be restored and a $50 credit to cover the time we have not had full service.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 07/23/2014 01:54 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Verizon/nationwide/Verizon-service-problem-not-being-fixed-Reading-Nationwide-1164424. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Verizon

Still Not fixed

AUTHOR: Barishka - ()

update: on 7/24 I called Verizon again. this time they claimed to have identified the problem. I was assured it would be fixed within 24 hours. It's now 5 days later and still NOT fixed. Can't get a person by phone; got someone on their website live chat - but he said it's only for FIOS, not phone. So they have built the perfect system to protect themselves from customers with problems. Obviously time to look for an alternative to Verizon.

If anyone knows how to get them to fix a problem, please lmk