Complaint Review: Verizon/DirecTV Bundle

• Reported By: Ron — Tampa Florida United States of America
Verizon/DirecTV Bundle
PO Box 538605 Atlanta, Georgia United States of America

Verizon/DirecTV Bundle Over billed Atlanta, Georgia

Upon establishing my new residence, during my separation/divorce, I ordered the internet/phone/DirecTV bundle through Verizon.  I wanted the FIOS deal but it's not available in my area.  I agreed to pay approximately $100/month.  I started receiving bills from both companies.  Verizon bills me about $76 and DirecTV charges me $106 for their choice ultimate package that I did not choose.

Of course, I had other more pressing issues.  I went ahead and paid the first few bills while calling for a couple months trying to get things straight.  I have not gotten any satisfaction.  DirecTV claims that I made an agreement with them directly.  No way I agreed to that amount.  Now they tell me that I could have gotten a rebate through their website that would have reduced my bill by $30.  But I was busy trying to get them to honor the original agreement that I made.

This is, apparently, a common practice of these two companies.  They stall by blaming each other and hope that the customer will just give up .  Expect a response from some disreputable employee of DirecTV blaming the problem on their partner in crime.  Without question, Verizon is not blameless here, but it is DirecTV that will attempt to hold me to a two year contract to which I did not agree.

And another thing, the installer did not properly ground the satellite which ended up in one of my HDMI ports getting fried.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 02/23/2011 10:08 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/VerizonDirecTV-Bundle/Atlanta-Georgia-30353/VerizonDirecTV-Bundle-Over-billed-Atlanta-Georgia-699200. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Verizon/DirecTV Bundle