Complaint Review: Verotel (for IMDb

• Updated: Thu, July 17, 2014

• Reported By: Teresa — Indy Indiana
Verotel (for IMDb
Internet USA

Verotel Places Fraud on your account and you can NEVER get it removed????? Verotel states Elance placed a fraud alert on my account and now I can't use my credit card to purchase a business database? Netherlands Internet

*Author of original report: Iovation system is FLAWED

*Author of original report: Additional info

A week or so ago, I tried to purchase a database that I need to use for work.  Unfortunately, my credit card was declined (for unknown reasons).  I then tried a visa prepaid card with a few hundred dollars on it and it too was declined.  My first thought was that IMDb (the database) and an Amazon company may have been having issues with the online payment system.

So, I sent a request to live support at Verotel which is the company that IMDb uses to verify credit cards and prevent FRAUD.

After days of going back and forth with Verotel and being told that I had a FRAUD ALERT on my account, I was told that Elance placed that FRAUD ALERT on my account.

So, I contacted ELANCE.  After ELANCE basically said, "No we didn't"..... I went back to Verotel and still no answer.

It is ridiculous that Verotel can just place a FRAUD ALERT on anyone and then when you try to get to the bottom of it to clean it up and start asking questions, they are not that helpful.  They give you a company name and then its not correct, but nobody has yet to reach out to me from management to help with this.

In order to purchase this database, I have NO other options since they only take credit cards and Verotel has incorrectly and inaccurately shut that down saying I committed FRAUD.  Why is it that people who really do commit fraud make it close to impossible for your average non spammer, scammer or fraudster to get things likes this corrected/fixed.

Once the label is INCORRECTLY affixed, it doesn't seem like any of these companies want to help get it fixed.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 06/06/2014 06:50 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Verotel-for-IMDb/internet/Verotel-Places-Fraud-on-your-account-and-you-can-NEVER-get-it-removed-Verotel-states-1152598. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Verotel (for IMDb

Iovation system is FLAWED

AUTHOR: Teresa R - ()

Finally, after weeks of going back and forth between people saying we didn't do this (Verotel) and Verotel NOT giving me the database owner that did mark me with Fraud INACCURATELY and INCORRECTLY, the manager of Elance was able to get this fixed.  However, Verotel's CFO continued to give the WRONG name of the database in his email to the Elance person (obviously still did NOT want me to know who it was).

Based on another email from another employee within Verotel, I was finally advised the database they obtained their information fron was:  https://www.iovation.com/company/leadership

Iovation's information is used to report your IP address for signing on to multiple accounts, etc. and marks you as "Friendly Fraud" according to Verotel.  "Friendly Fraud" really?  Whatever....

At any rate, the whole thing happened because MY BOSS asked me to log in to his account to fix some things that he was unable to fix.  He is a CEO of a rather large organization.  By me signing in to his account, I was marked as a fraudster by this iovation system.

This is ridiculous people.  This means that somone's right hand person risks committing fraud each time they log in from their computer to their boss's computer because of the fact you already have an account and sign on in the network.  That is absolutely LUDICROUS people.

I can only imagine there are virtual assistants, executive assistants and on-site assistants commiting FRAUD every day by the REQUEST OF THEIR BOSS.

So, next time your boss asks you to sign in from your computer to their account, don't do it.  Ask them if you can use their computer to do this or you too may end up in iovation.com's stupid database of FRAUDSTERS.  Then, when you go in to try to purchase something, you can be declined because you are a known committer of FRAUD (At least it's FRIENDLY FRAUD).

At what point, are we going to realize that technology is going way too far here????

DONT USE IOVATION.COM or VEROTEL.COM if you dont want to create MAJOR Problems for employees and customers.

Additional info

AUTHOR: Not a Verotel Fan - ()

The CFO of this company finally contacted me.  However, his response was once again that Elance did this.  When Elance said they didn't, he sent me a screen shot of the comments.

He then told me I didn't need to know what database they obtained the information from.  If there is a third party involved that has marked my acount to not allow credit card transactions, then I should have access to that third party.  According to the credit bureaus I have contacted, they are required to divulge this information.  He doesn't feel the need.  He told me to send it back to Elance and they would know who did this.  Unfortunately, Elance did not know and the situation is still not resolved.

The CFO from Verotel further threatened me with legal action if I damage their reputation with my lies.  There are no lies.  I am dealing with FACT.  IF they would help resolve this, the complaint would not be here.  Instead they chose to not disclose and to threaten me.

He further stated that I need to leave these matters to the professionals to fix.  I'm sorry, I do not leave my personal credit matters to anyone to "handle".  They have damaged my reputation, and it is up to me to make sure this is resolved accurately.

He further stated he would be waiting for any of the organizations where I filed complaints to contact him.  He further expects me to remove all my complaints and comments any where I have placed them before they will reconsider any decision.

So, once again limiting freedom of speech and communicating facts is not acceptable to Verotel.  If you want to deal with an honest, upfront company that cares about customers, this one does not appear to be a good choice.