origin

• Submitted: Mon, March 07, 2005
  • Updated: Mon, March 07, 2005

• Reported By:Oak Harbor Washington
Versa Talk Communications
5414 W. Crenshaw St Tampa, Florida U.S.A.

Versa Talk Communications ripoff yes, can something be done? YES! read on Tampa Florida

Same thing happened to me. The 29.95 started showing up on my account and I had no clue what it was. After getting details from Navy Credit Union I learned it was Versa Talk Communications. We blocked the payment. That's your first step.

Next is to call Versa Talk Communications. My wife called and yes got the run around with the automated voice but follow the steps, First varify your phone number. Next step after this is to hit number 4 to speak to a Versa Talk Communications rep.

After being on hold for a short while my wife was able to talk to someone. We were able to cancel the "Freedom package" which is suppose to be cheaper long distance after a free month trial of unlimited long distance (which of course we didnt know about and never used. IRONIC?) after 30 days they will bill your account in the amount of 29.95. I still didnt believe we ordered this and talk to the rep myself. She let me listen to the recording from when ... yes my wife orded the service.

For the most part they were very friendly and didn't try to offer us any other products. Shady practices? probably.

Hope this helps everyone that reads this.

William
USN
NAS Whidbey Island, WA

William
Oak Harbor, Washington

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 03/07/2005 06:05 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Versa-Talk-Communications/Tampa-Florida-33634/Versa-Talk-Communications-ripoff-yes-can-something-be-done-YES-read-on-Tampa-Florida-134088. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Versa Talk Communications