Complaint Review: Versatalk

• Submitted: Tue, June 28, 2005
  • Updated: Tue, June 28, 2005

• Reported By:Villa Rica Georgia
Versatalk
capitalvacation.biz Hickory, North Carolina U.S.A.

Versatalk, Freedom Gold ripoff, fraudulent drafting of bank account with computer generated checks Hickory North Carolina

My husband was contacted by a company by the name of Freedom Gold who were extending a $5,000.00 credit line but to get the line of credit, you had to pay $200.00 up front. The company representative asked my husband if we were still banking with our current bank and my husband asked him how he knew that information and he said it was in their database.

We never gave this company any of our banking information. In fact, we didn't give them any information. My husband told the company representative that we were not interested. A week or so later, we received some information in the mail from this company still trying to get us to accept this $5,000.00 credit line. We threw the information in the trash and the next thing we knew, a company by the name of Versatalk had cashed a computer generated check with our banking account information on it in the amount of $49.95.

I called tbe company back at 877-494-7363 to speak with a supervisor but they wouldn't let me speak with anyone without giving them my home telephone number. I'm not going to give them any information!! I encourage anyone in the same situation to contact your bank immediately and close the account!!! This company is notorious for saying they will credit your account meanwhile they simply keep debiting the account.

Contact you bank immediately and contact the FTC at 877-382-4357. The only way this company is going to be investigated is if lots of complaints are filed. I wish everyone else in this situation good luck and I hope you get your money back as well as I hope I get my money back.

Joni
Villa Rica, Georgia

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 06/28/2005 08:59 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Versatalk/Hickory-North-Carolina-28602/Versatalk-Freedom-Gold-ripoff-fraudulent-drafting-of-bank-account-with-computer-generate-147774. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Versatalk