Complaint Review: Vertrue - A.K.A. VSescapes

• Submitted: Thu, May 19, 2005
  • Updated: Thu, May 19, 2005

• Reported By:Richmond Virginia
Vertrue - A.K.A. VSescapes
9500 W. Dodge Road Omaha, Nebraska U.S.A.

Vertrue - A.K.A. VSescapes ripoff unauthorized/unknown billing of Membership Fees Omaha Nebraska

I was reviewing my May 2005 bank statement and noticed a debit in the amount of $99.95 and had no idea what it was for. I researched it and found out it was from VSescapes. I have never heard of them - I called and they stated that Victoria Secret authorized the transaction (without my knowledge or permission).

Upon further investigation, I learned that they had done the exact same thing in April 2004 and charged me $89.95, unfortunately, I didn't notice it at the time.

I called and spoke with a Customer Service Rep. and was told that I had "checked" a box while placing an order with Victoria Secret, which I never did. They agreed to refund the fee for 2005, but, told me that they could not refund the 2004 fee.

I asked for a Supervisor and was told they were not available. After MUCH discussion with this person, he suddenly found someone for me to talk to.

I stated that this was illegal and they finally agreed to refund my 2004 fee.

They refused to give me a phone # for Vertrue, so, I wanted people to know to be careful and be aware when placing orders on the internet or by phone.

Charles
Richmond, Virginia

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 05/19/2005 04:44 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Vertrue-AKA-VSescapes/Omaha-Nebraska-68114/Vertrue-AKA-VSescapes-ripoff-unauthorizedunknown-billing-of-Membership-Fees-Omaha-Ne-143393. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Vertrue - A.K.A. VSescapes