Complaint Review: Vertrue Incorporated

• Submitted: Fri, April 10, 2009
  • Updated: Fri, April 10, 2009

• Reported By:01844 Massachusetts
Vertrue Incorporated
20 Glover Avenue Norwalk, Connecticut U.S.A.

Vertrue Incorporated, DEAlMax, Adaptive Marketing LLC, Privacy Matters, BNI Houston, Adaptive Norwalk Unauthorized charges to Bank Account, Unauthorized Memberships, 5 of them Norwalk Connecticut

I signed up fro a free credit report. Cost: $1.00, reimbursable. Did not receive a credit report at all. There were three $1.00 charges made to my bank Account.
Called to cancel and they claimed they only have the one membership. Candidly the Rep said, maybe there is more than one membership. Bingo! I was signed up to Privacy matters 1-2-3, Privacy matters Identity Theft (LOL*), And 24 Protect Plus. That was march 30, 3009. Everything cancelled, confirmation numbers, etc.
On April 3, 2009 a $9.95 membership to MyDealMax was charged to the bank account. Never signed for this other thing! Called the bank who wanted $25 for a stop payment. Nice, rip off here, rip off there. I hung up and called back to report my card stolen. End of that story. Called Dealmax. Cindy id#17356 said membership to be cancelled and reimbursement to follow. Good. Wrong! April 9, 2009 another charge was paid to DealMax by my bank -- yes, the one I reported the card stolen, the paid $9.99. Called Dealmax and informed them I was recording the conversation, they wanted to hang up. Wilford, id#7329, would not give me a last name and would not speak unless I had the recorder off. I complied.
Well, Wilford told me he was out of Houston and that the $9.99 was a refund. I said, are you telling me my bank does not know a difference between a credit and a debit? I pointed out to him that their email said my refund was for 10.99 and would take 2 billing cycles to show. The new charge was for $9.95. Wilford could not explain why and could not sell me on their 48 hour refund policy. Finally he said, maybe you have another membership. Oh, really! I cancel one and you create three additional ones? Lo and behold, there it was, another unauthorized mebership being charged to my account. So Wilford cancelled it and I requested the confirmation number. 7329. Is that not your employee ID? No, it-s your cancellation number and you will never have to call us back.
I closed my conversation with Wilford by informing him that I would be submitting complaints to the Attorney General's Offices in three states.
Now, I hold my breath and see what is going to happen next. So far it-s $23.00.
I am also calling my bank on paying things 24 hours after reporting the card stolen. TRUST NO ONE!

Maribel
01844, Massachusetts

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 04/10/2009 10:11 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Vertrue-Incorporated/Norwalk-Connecticut-06850/Vertrue-Incorporated-DEAlMax-Adaptive-Marketing-LLC-Privacy-Matters-BNI-Houston-Adapt-442541. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Vertrue Incorporated