Complaint Review: Veterinary Clinic

• Updated: Wed, October 26, 2011

• Reported By: halsezhi — New Haven Connecticut United States of America
Veterinary Clinic
New Haven Internet United States of America

Veterinary Clinic retarded stupid scam spam unwanted emails soliciting job offer Internet, Internet

There's a scam ad for New Haven craigslist called "Veterinary Assistant." [http://newhaven.craigslist.org/ofc/2663695798.html].

The ad mentioned no experience was needed and other vague details (we need a team player, duties involved, etc.) They sent me an email (their email: placement @ steamstaffing.com) saying that they were especially interested in my submission.

They left me a link for job.com where they said I could upload my resume and then they could employ me. It was signed as "HR Assistant," obviously very vague, but I was excited for the offer and immediately went to job.com to create an account. Took forever and I was BOMBARDED by ads. Stupidly I left my phone number and was called by one of the solicitors for some "higher learning" garbage when I accidentally didn't UNSELECT the ad's "contact me" button.

Later, another email is sent thanking me for sending my resume. This time the emailer was different: placement @ rbomedia.org. The email left a detailed list of tasks for the job. Then they said there were 25 other applicants and that I needed to go to a certain site and get a free credit score. Signed by "Staffing Assitant". WTF? The link leads to a site called "link-out/ (ton of characters)" and I didn't click it.

I sent an email back (probably useless) telling them to F off. Now my once pure spam box is FILLED because of this BS and my email is out on the internet. The fake job offer scheme obviously made someone money as I probably now have adware and malware and other garbage clogging up my computer.

The lesson here is: don't be an eager moron. If an emailed job offer tells you to sign up for something don't do it. Pay attention to the sender's email address and look out for vague names. DO NOT put personal information on your resume out on the web (real phone #, address, SSN, or even dates).

Have a good day and be careful when jobhunting.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 10/26/2011 06:14 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Veterinary-Clinic/internet/Veterinary-Clinic-retarded-stupid-scam-spam-unwanted-emails-soliciting-job-offer-Internet-792521. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Veterinary Clinic