Complaint Review: Veterinary Pet Insurance VPI

• Submitted: Wed, July 29, 2009
  • Updated: Wed, July 29, 2009

• Reported By:Knoxville Tennessee
Veterinary Pet Insurance VPI
petinsurance.com Knoxville, Tennessee U.S.A.

Veterinary Pet Insurance, VPI VPI cancels policy after 10 years!! False claim of "phone messages left" Knoxville Tennessee

After 10 years at $32 per month, my dog was diagnosed with Diabetes. I call VPI only to find out that they had been unable to charge my card for a few months. They claim to have sent mail and phone messages but I have received nothing.

Since only a few months had gone by, I thought surely I would give them the updated payment info and all would be good. WRONG - they would not reinstate the policy, saying my dog was now too old. I've paid this company almost $4K and they were not willing to update the payment information and reinstate the policy due to something as simple as a new credit card being issued. Unbelievable. I'm now forced to question whether I can afford to keep my dog alive.

Brad
Knoxville, Tennessee

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 07/29/2009 06:41 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Veterinary-Pet-Insurance-VPI/Knoxville-Tennessee/Veterinary-Pet-Insurance-VPI-VPI-cancels-policy-after-10-years-False-claim-of-phone-474463. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Veterinary Pet Insurance VPI