Complaint Review: Viator

• Submitted: Tue, January 11, 2011
  • Updated: Tue, January 11, 2011

• Reported By: Susanne — Monroe Georgia United States of America
Viator
Asia/Pacific: 66 Wentworth Avenue, Surry Hills, NS Internet United States of America

Viator Failed refund after flights were cancelled due to weather. Surry Hills, Internet

*UPDATE Employee: From Viator Support

I booked a trip to London with a day trip to Bath,etc. Viator refused to offer refund when London was shut down right before Christmas 2010. BA offered a full refund and the hotel didn't charge any cancellation fees...I thought is terrible that Viator wouldn't offer a refund for an act of God. Shame on them...I'll never book another thing with them and plan to tell everyone I know not to as well.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 01/11/2011 10:56 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Viator/internet/Viator-Failed-refund-after-flights-were-cancelled-due-to-weather-Surry-Hills-Internet-681284. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Viator

From Viator Support

AUTHOR: Viator Support - (United States of America)

Hello,

My name is Loryanna and I work for Viator.com. I wanted to conduct a more thorough investigation into your complaint, so I wanted to see if you would be willing to provide me with a booking number or the e-mail address that you used to book with Viator.com. I realize you probably don't want to put that information out here on the web, so do feel free to e-mail me directly at loryanna@viator.com.

Once I have had a better chance to investigate what has prevented us from offering you a refund, I would be happy to give you a better explanation. Alternatively, if I find we're able to give you a refund, I would be happy to give you that good news as well.

I'm looking forward to hearing from you. Thank you in advance for your time.

Loryanna Michalek