Complaint Review: Viator

• Submitted: Sun, November 04, 2012
  • Updated: Mon, January 14, 2013

• Reported By: mattmissim — United States of America
Viator

Viator H. Forbes Charter Service Tour not even close to the advertised itinerary!, Internet

*UPDATE Employee: From Viator Support

We recently booked a tour through Viator using H. Forbes charter service once in Freeport.  The original web page (which has recently been changed) listed the tour as 6 hours in duration.  Our oddyssey started with a late pick up of 10 am.  Then we drove to our drivers house to pick up his phone and to a hotel to pick up other passengers.  We got to Lucayan (an amazing beach by the way) only to be told we only had an hour to see both the caves and the beach.  Frustrated and angry we attempted to ask our guide about what was stated on the web to which he replied that the tour only ever spent one hour at Lucayan.

From Lucayan we were taken to another beach where surprise we were ferried into a local restaurant.  We originally were only given 1 hour at this location but our guide felt sorry for the situation and left us there an additional hour.  We paid 100 dollars to spend 6 hours including transportation at Lucayan and ended up there for one hour.  We attempted to get a refund from Viator only to have them offer us 10 out of 100 dollars for our "disappointment".  They state the tour operator H. Forbes Charter Service says the tour operated as advertised.  This is a lie.  Don't use either service if you want to see Lucayan.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 11/04/2012 09:16 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Viator/internet/Viator-H-Forbes-Charter-Service-Tour-not-even-close-to-the-advertised-itinerary-Interne-964736. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Viator

From Viator Support

AUTHOR: Viator Support - (United States of America)

Hello,

My name is Loryanna and I work for Viator.com. I wanted to conduct a more thorough investigation into your complaint, as unfortunately there is not enough information given here for me to find your booking. If you could, I wanted to see if you would be willing to provide me with a booking number or the e-mail address that you used to book with Viator.com. I realize you probably don't want to put that information out here on the web, so do feel free to e-mail me directly at socialteam@viator.com.

Once I have had a better chance to investigate your complaint, and the tour itself, I would be respond further. I'm looking forward to hearing from you. Thank you in advance for
your time.