Complaint Review: Victoria Rainbow Of Rainbow Paint Farm

• Submitted: Fri, March 06, 2009
  • Updated: Sat, March 13, 2010

• Reported By:Sussex New Jersey
Victoria Rainbow Of Rainbow Paint Farm
4083 WILDMAN ROAD CINCINNATUS, New York U.S.A.

Victoria Rainbow Sold Horse with Navicular under Sound Guarentee CINCINNATUS New York

*Consumer Comment: Satisfied Rainbow Paint Farm Consumer

Victoria Rainbow, owner of Rainbow Paint Farm in Cortland, NY, sold a horse to me in April 2007 with a guarentee stating the horse was sound. When the horse arrived home, she was showing slight signs of lameness. Assuming she might have stepped on herself in the trailer, I had thought nothing of it until the next day. I then had a vet come and look at the horse to determine cause of lameness. He tested her feet and determined that radiographs were needed to detect the problem. Radiographs were later taken of the front feet and a severe case of Navicular Disease was found. On a scale of 1-10(severe), both vet and farrier at the time said she was at an 8. The vet said the horse's condition had been caused atleast a year prior. I contacted Victoria Rainbow who suddenly denied what she had said to me about the horse, before the sale was made. She originally said she had purchased the horse from a friend 2 months prior only to find her daughter was unsuitable to ride the horse because of her "hotness". When I spoke to Victoria about the horses lameness, she denied her statement of 2 months she had the horse, to one month. She denied any refund of the money or the horse.

When I originally purchased the horse, the horse appeared sound. Victoria tried to push me past getting a vet exam claiming that other prospective buyers were very interested in the horse. I felt bad for the horse as she was in skinny, somewhat neglected condition. I purchased her for $2500 under a health and sound agreement.

Canchaser
Sussex, New Jersey

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 03/06/2009 06:17 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Victoria-Rainbow-Of-Rainbow-Paint-Farm/CINCINNATUS-New-York/Victoria-Rainbow-Sold-Horse-with-Navicular-under-Sound-Guarentee-CINCINNATUS-New-York-431602. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Victoria Rainbow Of Rainbow Paint Farm

Satisfied Rainbow Paint Farm Consumer

AUTHOR: B-Mac - (United States of America)

I read on-line the complaint about Vicky Rainbow and Rainbow Paint Farm. I feel it is important that I share my positive experiences as a consumer in my dealings with Vicky and Rainbow Paint Farm.

In 2008 over a period of eight months, I purchased four horses from Vicky Rainbow. She revealed issues of which she was aware for each horse, including that one had navicular. Because we only do light riding, we managed the navicular with the help of our farrier and just love that horse. Nothing was hidden from us of which Vicky was aware.

Vicky has consistently been open in her dealings with us. One of the horses developed behaviors beyond our expertise, so Vicky connected us to an individual who removed him from our barn. The price he paid was less than the horse cost me, but I felt supported by Vicky in a situation that was dangerous. Had she not facilitated removal of the horse, we could have had a serious problem. Vicky had the horse for less than a week before selling him to us, so there was no way she could have realized his issues that became apparent over time.

In 2009 we purchased a former work horse from Vicky Rainbow. Before the purchase Vicky revealed that the horse had hip issues from previous use as an Amish work horse. We proceeded with the purchase and she was a sweet addition to our stable.

I am writing this to say that Vicky has been open and honest with us in the transactions that we have had with her over the last two years. She has supported us beyond what most stables would have done.